Chapter 30

The days pass and I find myself missing Josh everyday. I'm trying to distract myself from the fact I'm going to be seeing him by the end of the week, so a couple days before I go to LA, while driving home from school, i impulsively  drive to Hannah's house, needing to vent. While I miss Josh, I'm also angry. Angry at him for making me feel this way, but I know that the hurt I'm feelings isn't all caused by him. I'm to blame too. I shouldn't have ended things so quickly, I should have talked it out with him. We are both to blame. I just hate this feeling of helplessness. Usually when I have a problem, I go talk to Josh, but I cant do that now. So I'm on my way to hannah's house.

I pull up and quickly get out of the car, slamming the door in rage. I bang on the door and wait a few seconds for Hannah to open the door, but to my surprise, the face that greets me isn't hannah, but rather, her mom.

"Hi, Katie, come on in," she welcomes me.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask, trying to be polite while trying to not be annoyed that Hannah isn't here.

"Fine, my student's were extra annoying today, so Im going to eat icecream, want some?"

Hannah's mom, Lori, teaches 4th grade and the horror stories I hear from her and Hannah.... let's just say I'm glad I'm not their teacher.

"Sure, thanks," I huff, sitting down on a barstool near the island.

"Where's Hannah?" I ask, drumming my fingers on the counter, needing an outlet for my nerves.

"She went to go pick up Megan, but she should be back any minute."

I totally forgot she picks up her younger sister from softball practice after school.

Lori slides a bowl of ice-cream towards me. "Tough day?"

"Tough month," I respond, picking up a spoon and digging in.

"Want to talk about it?" she offers..

I want to decline, but honestly, I need to get it out, and soon.

"I'm just really torn up about the breakup. On one hand, I miss Joshua so much and it hurts to even think of him, on the other, when I do think of him I get so angry. And all these feelings I'm having, "i sigh, "I don't know what they mean. Did I love Josh? If I did, do I still love him?"

Lori stares at me for a second before speaking. "you have every right to be angry and it's normal to hurt. What he did, sucked. And wether or not you loved or still love him, well that's up for you to decide."

I nod along as she talks.

I've known Lori for over 10 years and I'm upset I'm only now realizing how much wisdom she has.

"You know what you need?"

"What?" I question skeptically.

"A distraction."

"I've been trying but nothing works," I whine.

"Oh i have something that will work," she says with mischievous glint in her eyes.

***

20 minutes later, Lori and I are pulling up to a big warehouse.

"What's this?" I ask.

"You'll see." She turns off the ignition and we get out of the car.

I follow her into the building and up to a desk with a woman behind it. The inside looks more industrial and I wonder wha the heck we're doing here.

"Hi, how are you today," the woman greets chipperly.

"Fine, and yourself?" Lori answers. "very good, thank you. And how long will you like today? We have a 15 minute, 30 minute, 60 minute, and 90 minute option."