Unmasked

Of course.
The apple pie, the familiar taste, David's order.
It all lead back to William.

You lifted your head, ready to rip William's tongue out and serve it to him perfectly cooked and spiced but he was gone.

You rushed out the room to the corridor- well you tried to, the maximum speed you could go to was a semi-fast walk since any faster felt like your wound could open back up.

You went down the small corridor before entering the main hall, William was there, turning around with an air of surprise on his face.

« Wow, you've healed even quicker than I thought you would. » he said grinning, showing you a full set of perfectly white teeth.

« WILLIAM, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE » you yelled, wondering if stalking was a good enough reason to commit murder.

William simply stood there, you couldn't move any further. Your legs felt weak and your vision dizzy, you held yourself on the wall behind you, trying your best to look in an alright shape.

« I told you, you have NO RIGHT to control who I'm with !! Right now David hasn't stalked me or kept me in his house without hearing what I had to say about it. » you bellowed.

You were so angry you didn't feel the world becoming more and more dizzy nor the fact that William was approaching you, anger growing on his face.

« For the moment. David has been better to me than you have ever been ! He has.. » you panted, falling forward.

William wasn't going to let you fall, but he wasn't going to let you black out yet either.

He pushed you with force against the wall behind you, causing you to yelp in pain.
Tomorrow morning, you wouldn't remember what William told you next.

« David wouldn't kill for you. »
« I would .»

You couldn't tell how much time had passed, you woke up sweating and panicked. You were back in Williams room except there was no William, what had happened and why couldn't you remember any of it?

You tried moving but quickly found out that wasn't going to be an option, fatigue and pain weren't going to let you do that. Why was your wound hurting so much? You remembered walking fine to Williams room yesterday, what happened after that?

You looked around the room in search of clues to help your memory. Williams desk was as messy as it had always been, you remembered searching through it for clues but you then saw something strange. The last drawer, the one you didn't have time to search through since William arrived, had disappeared.

Had you just missed out on something big?

Your thoughts were disturbed by an abnormal amount of steps outside your room, followed by voices you recognized.

"Y/N !!!! ARE YOU ALIVE???!!" Ruby boomed out, bursting through the door, followed by Flo, Henry and David.

"We were so worried for you, William told us things got worse suddenly and he couldn't explain why." Henry said, grabbing a chair to sit near you bed.

"Well I'm not dead." You said, even if you felt like you were.

"Thank god for that, I still don't understand why foxy slashed down at you like that, we all checked it afterwards and it was off." David explained nervously while sitting on the end of the bed near your legs.

"Don't worry about it Dave, I'm alright and I'm gonna get a badass scar" you grinned, seeing David's relief.

William soon entered the room with the same emotionless face that he always had.
You kinda missed his smile.

As William entered, David shot up from the bed and immediately went as far away from you as possible, William didn't react.
Okay well that's weird.

"Will, are you sure we shouldn't bring her to the hospital?? She might really need it." Henry said as he got up, worry spreading on his face like wildfire.

"And risk once again closure for our restaurant? I think not. I have taken care of y/n before, I can do it again and plus, it's not like it annoys her to stay with me." He smirked while leaning on the doorframe, that was another thing he liked doing.

"I don't care about what there is between you two I just don't want to risk losing another friend." Henry said quietly while leaving the room, tears forming in his eyes.

Williams smirk disappeared at the words of his friend.

"I think we better be going..." Flo said, grabbing his backpack and ruby's arm. She looked at him surprised before understanding that this wasn't the right time.

Both of them left leaving William and a very uncomfortable David in the room with you.

"David... what's wrong?" You asked, clearly seeing something wasn't right with him, even if William could be stressful sometimes David looked as if he was scared for his life.

He didn't answer, his eyes staring down at his feet.

"You should join the others." William muttered, looking at David as if some rat had entered his room.

David nodded, heading for the exit.

You followed David stare to his leg as he started moving towards the door.

"David stay here." You demanded coldly.

He stopped in his tracks, petrified.

"Show me your leg."

David looked at you before looking at William, panic quickly arising in his face.

"I.. I'd rather not, it's nothing, I can't..." he stuttered.
This wasn't just anger rising up in your stomach, this was down right rage.
This rage is the one who gave you enough force to get off the bed, ignoring the horrible amounts of pain slashing at your wound.

"Y/N !! Please don't get up !! Don't harm yourself anymore !" David pleaded, but you were already in front of him.

In a second William was in between both of you.

"Y/n, sit down." He snarled. "You are in no state to be up."

"William, If I find out you did ANYTHING to David, you are the one who's gonna suffer." You hissed at him.

William looked at you with a strange look in his eyes,
Anger?
... Lust?
He didn't break eye contact with you.

"David, leave us, right now."