Trapped

« Y/n don't you dare go back." William warned.

You looked back at the vent entrance, now far enough that even if someone opened it, they would never even guess you had escaped that way.
You turned around to find William impatiently staring at you.

"Y/n we're this close to escaping and face it, they would never hurt a member of their own even if they thought he had helped us escape."he said trying to reassure you and get you moving again.

He knew nothing about assassins did he? They wouldn't kill you if they managed to catch you, you're too "valuable" as they kept on reminding you but Flo?
They would eliminate him immediately if necessary.

"I can't leave him." You mumbled as William caught your wrist, pulling you near him.

"Listen darling, if you go back there my life is at risk. And if those gunshots really were aimed at Flo he's probably long gone now. So move your very nicely shaped body towards the exit immediately love." He hushed, pushing you forwards.

You didn't want to believe Flo was gone, you couldn't accept that.

"He's not dead. If he were then I failed my mission. I have to go back, I won't be able to live with myself otherwise." You said, escaping Williams grasp who immediately caught you back.

"What goddamn mission Y/n?! You've apparently killed hundreds before and even though that impresses me I can't understand why this of all things would affect you so much??" He whispered angrily, he wouldn't raise his voice more than that, probably since the walls were so thin.

"Being a friend." You said in a shaky voice, you were not going to cry in front of William, not now. "That's the mission I cannot fail." William's face turned still as if analyzing the words that had spilt from your lips.

You took this opportunity to slip out of his grasp once more and in a heartbeat you were back at the entrance of the vent, leaning towards it to listen for any sign of life in the room it led to,
Any sign of Flo.

"Where the hell is miss l/n??" A voice you recognized said.

Another answered them, "y/n is fast and strong, she's probably far away now."

The first voice tsked.
"I don't want to believe she left. I will find her and get her back."

Wow they really had sent their best forces huh.
The first voice you had recognized was the one of Kanine Mercury an expert in close range combat and also unbelievably fast to act and think, the second voice belonged to Ash Lao, the agent right below you in terms of strength and agility.

These two were some of the few ones who could actually stop you when together,
So this was a problem.

An even bigger problem was that you didn't hear or feel like anyone else than them two were in the room, you couldn't even localize where either Ash or Kanine were.

Wait what—? They had stopped talking sure, but normally you always could sense where anyone was, even if a person stayed perfectly still anything could and would give them away, let it be a breath or their clothes shuffling against each other. That is of course unless they were taking special precautions and hiding their positions of purpose but why would they do that? It's not as if they knew you were there—

The machine and the vent in front of you flew out of the way, letting the light from the room fill up the vent as you jumped back as far as you could, hoping William was far away now.

"You have a lot to explain y/n." Kanine's voice echoed throughout the vent.

"I could tell you the same." You growled back, waiting for any movement from them. The second a foot or a hand came near the vent it would be diced by one of your knives.

What you didn't expect was for a sound to come from behind you, and it didn't match a sound William would make.

The person leapt out, throwing you out of the vent, rolling into the room.

You quickly got up to your feet, brandishing out a knife.

"Seems your boyfriend escaped." Ash mumbled, getting off from the floor, brushing his brown locks away from his eyes.
A sign of relief escaped your lips, William was safe.
But that relief was soon replaced by anger and confusion.

"How the hell did you enter the vent that quickly and without me noticing?" You barged.

"What can I say kiddo? I've improved while you were occupied with your missions." He snickered, throwing something towards Kanine who was standing near you, his tall figure looming over the machine he had thrown out from in front of the vent.

"This isn't her signature knife." He said, examining the blade in between his fingers, before looking towards you, his brows furrowed. "Why on earth would you not have it on you? We could never separate you from that thing."

Your heart sank to your feet.
Where was the blade?

Since you left your aunt you had gained a knife you particularly liked, ok you couldn't live without it. It held value to you like nothing else did, no matter what you went through, on this mission like others, you always had it near you.

So where the fuck was it?

Oh god.
William had it didn't he?

"I knew you changed as well y/n but this? Well I certainly am surprised." Ash chuckled. "Now, would you care to explain to us what the fuck you think you're doing helping an actual serial killer??"

"A child Serial Killer" Kanine added.

"What better are we?!" You shouted, gently feeling around your back pocket to your pocketknife since Ash had grabbed your other one while throwing you out of the vent.

"Oh god what has he done to your brain? And here I was thinking you were the strongest of us mentally" Ash mocked.

How dare he—? Ash, Kanine and you were close friends. No matter what happened you would remain close.

Well you had completely betrayed them didn't you?
No time to think about that, you lifted your fingers, holding the sharp knife in between them, about to tear Ashes throat into a bloody mess.

As you jumped Kanine fell upon you, pinning you to the ground and throwing your knife against the wall, causing it to slice through it. You winced as he pressed a knife to your throat, not allowing you to do the slightest movement.

"Steady there kid, still as dangerous as before I see?" Kanine laughed as he pointed Ash to the ropes beside him.

They were going to tie you up? Pfff oh please ropes can be taken care of in the easiest ways possible.

Kanine noticed your smug look and immediately retorted, "oh no this isn't for you y/n but for your boyfriend."

"HE ISNT MY BOYFRIEND" you yelled, causing the knife to start to pierce your skin, blood trickling down your throat, quickly getting absorbed by your shirt.

"You really are a bad liar love." William chuckled, leaning onto the doorframe.