A single drop of blood

You awoke shuddering, the coldness of the suit's endoskeleton felt worse than getting ice cubes down your shirt.
You soon felt arms pulling you out of the suit and holding you close to their chest.

You opened your eyes to see William smiling down at you.

"I promised I would keep you safe love." He grinned an actual grin, not one of those creepy smirks of his. You much preferred these smiles, they made you think things weren't as terrible as they seemed.

You embraced him, hugging him as tightly as possible before moving back, he was still holding you up bridal style.

He gently let you back onto your feet, holding your arms to make sure you could hold up straight.

"How did they not find us?" You asked, "did none of them even check the suits?"

"Your friends aren't as smart as you it seems darling." He smirked as he slowly let go of your arms, only to lay a gentle kiss on your forehead.

But they're not that stupid. What happened when you blacked out?
William had to be missing a couple details out.

William then got something out from his back pocket, your knife.
You quickly grabbed it from him before attaching it to a strap under your shirt.

"May I ask why you care so dearly about this knife in particular ?" William asked as he eyed your shirt hiding the weapon below it.

"You may not." You answered dryly.

William didn't insist.

You sighed, "so, where now?"

"Oh love let's run away together, change names, live happily ever after while running over kids with our cars ! (The cars will be red of course, no need to wash them that way)." William exclaimed, opening his arms wide open as if welcoming a crowd.

You shaked your head, "I meant about leaving here without getting noticed? I can find a way to get out unless you've already got that planned out ?"

William grunted.

"I personally really liked the idea of running kids over." He said with genuine sadness in his voice, "but of course I've got a plan love, my car is right behind that window." He said, pointing to a small window at the far end of the room.

You walked over to it. It looked like it hadn't been washed since this place was built with the layer of dust covering it. You grabbed a old clothe hanging from the wall and wiped the window as well as you could before looking out.

Pitch blackness surrounded the pizzeria, it must be like 4-5 am judging off the position of the moon in the sky, it's dim moonlight shining off Williams fancy ass car parked carelessly near the window.

The darkness of the night would help you get out without risking getting noticed but in any case you couldn't see any more policemen or agents wanting your skin near the place. They probably thought you escaped and were on the run.

William arrived behind you, a puzzled look on his face.

"This window really is quite old though, I do hope it'll budge."

He firmly placed his fingers under the slight opening at the bottom of the window and pulled with all his might on the thing, it wouldn't move a millimeter.

"Oh my oh my, well no worries, I can always find another way out from the—"

A loud crash resonated throughout the whole room as your foot smashed through the window in one kick.

"We'll there goes the whole being discreet part." William sighed.

"Fuck that, I can't stay in this restaurant a second longer." You grunted, pulling yourself up and carefully getting through the window, this place had a horrible smell of death wandering it's walls and death was probably the last person you wanted to meet right now.