Sharp ends

It took Flo a while to realize you were there and when he did, his worry disappeared as if he had completely forgotten about David. At the same time it was you two against the murderer, the others shouldn't matter normally.
Really insisting on the "normally" here.

"Glad to see you're up y/n" he grinned at you.

"Ignore the fact I needed the help of two grown men to get down those stairs but sure." You smirked back before taking a much more serious tone, "but uhh... what do you mean.. you can't find David?"

"... I just can't find him. He ran off behind us and left, I thought i should maybe go after him he did seem really panicked." Flo shrugged. "But I searched everywhere down the street, he just.. vanished."

"Hey don't worry guys, he'll come back ! He probably needed to be somewhere urgently." Henry tried comforting us.

"Without warning?" Ruby said placing the empty packet of crisps down the bin.

"Well if it really was urgent, yeah probably" Flo answered before Henry. "Y/n, do you think you can come back to the apartment soon?" He suddenly asked. You could feel he wanted to talk about the case, you both had so much research to do.

"In the state she's in no chance." William answered, looking at your stomach before looking up at Flo.

Flo looked at you, he wanted an answer from you. Not William. Geez you're lucky to be teamed up with this dude.

"You know how much I would love to but William is right, I'm already trying to figure out a way to get back up the stairs without dying." You sighed looking at Flo hoping he would understand which he did. He knew you long enough to know you wouldn't slack off work. You were deeply wounded and he could see that.

"Of course, warn me whenever you can at least walk. I on the other hand, have way too much work to do so i better be going." He grinned.

You nodded, returning him the grin as he grabbed the car keys before leaving.

"Will you stay to have lunch with us Henry?" You asked as the front door shut.

"Yeah sure but I won't stay too long, I can't keep the pizzeria closed for much longer, we can't afford to lose any money, especially right now." Henry sighed, looking other at William who looked unbothered and quite impatient for Henry to leave.

"Ooooh can we eat burgers for lunch?? And can y/n make them??? I dunno how she does it but it tastes divine !" Ruby exclaimed, you had all forgotten she was there.

"I would love to Rue, but I currently cannot get up or do anything honestly, gonna leave the food to the boys but it'll be fine don't worry." You reassured her quickly before she started complaining again.

"Okay... come on dudes hurry up I'm hungry" she said crossing her arms.

"Okay okay sure but, do we even have stuff to make burgers?" Henry asked as he got up, heading to the kitchen followed by William who didn't look as annoyed as before.

"That kitchen has everything" you laughed before wincing. Geez even laughing hurt?

"Careful now y/n, don't forget you're a cough away from death." William sneered.

"Haha very funny, on the meantime I'm still hungry and there's no burger in front of me, I see a problem here." Ruby interjected.

William rolled his eyes before getting back to work, cutting up vegetables with probably the biggest knife you had seen in a kitchen.

You joked around with the other three, well mostly Henry and Ruby, William was awfully quiet for some reason, you stayed awake a while before closing your eyes and resting a little. You quickly fell asleep, the last few days had been a roller coaster of emotions.