Walks

Footsteps were approaching the office.
You didn't care if it was William or anyone else you had to get back to the seat William had left you.

You felt the very faint repercussions beneath you as the person arrived at the door, the footsteps were very light, as if it was just a kid but you knew no kid should be here. The other kid that blocked your path earlier had no reason to be there.
It had to be William,
But why would he be sneaking up to his office?

The door opened and sure enough there was William... but something was off.

"Did you change your clothes?" You asked, tilting your head in confusion.

"Yes, the suit gets quite hot after a while, I had to change, even though I know you prefer the shirtless option." He whispered the last part just loud enough for you to hear.

"Oh shut up." You snarled.

"Why? Are you gonna pull out a knife on me and force me to? I would love to see that" he purred as he approached you.

You didn't have any knives on you currently and he knew that, you had to change that immediately. Glancing around the room, you searched for anything that could be used as a weapon but found nothing.
Well, nothing you were supposed to be aware of.

"You also got dressed I can see," he said, eyeing you up and down. "Would be a shame if you did all that effort only to lose all your clothing afterwards hmm?"

William always had a charming side, but right now you were anything but in the mood.
"I will stab you." You warned, hoping your hand would find anything that could serve as a dagger.

"You are so violent aren't you?" He grinned.

You weren't smiling, in a second you were behind him pushing him back down into the seat you were in a second before. You couldn't help but smile at his surprise.

"Sit." You growled.

"Wow, fierce" he smirked once more, "I like that."

"Gross prick." You hissed, turning away from him and heading towards the office door, a part of you wanted to speak to Flo urgently, the other told you to not say a word and stay near William.
You really shouldn't have turned your back to William.
You should know that by know.

"Aren't you supposed to be an assassin? Turning your back to your aggressor isn't the greatest thing now is it darling?" He whispered next to your ear, one hand on your waist.

You grabbed that hand and turned around, only to meet face to face with him, heat quickly rising to your face.

"Have you always been this bad at your job or... is there another reason perhaps?" He smirked, his face almost touching yours.
A part of you wished it would.

"Leave me alone William." You murmured but didn't move out of his grasp.

"I don't think you want that now do you?" His hand finding its way back to your waist.
You knew this was wrong, you had to leave. You had to.

Then why didn't you move when he kissed you?

"You're mine love, no matter how much you say the opposite."  He snickered as he moved away from you, already at the door.

"Now hurry up dear, you're working with me this afternoon, don't be late. I would hate to have to get you myself." He chuckled, closing the door behind him, leaving you once again alone, completely baffled by your actions and thoughts.

GOD DAMMIT Y/N, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF.

You steadied your breathing and your heart, which felt as if it was going to burst out of your chest and headed out of the office, instead of meeting up with Flo you went directly outside to catch some fresh air.

You wanted to sit near the parking lot but there were too many cars and families, kids screaming and rushing to enter the restaurant, way too loud to relax.

You decided to go on a walk to clear your mind, you had at least 20 minutes before getting back to work so a walk would be fine.
"Hey y/n?! Can I come with you ??" You heard a familiar voice call out behind you.

Ruby rushed up next to you.
Well there goes the chill walk.

"Where are you going?" She asked.
Ruby was always nice to have around so it wouldn't be that bad to walk with her.

"Just going on a walk to clear my mind a bit" you said with a smile.

"What does your mind need clearing from?" She asked.

"A lot of things to be honest," you sighed. "Life is stressful, work is worse and there's still no sign of David."

"Work is stressing you out?" She questioned.

The diner wasn't the thing stressing you out, the whole assassin thing was.
But she couldn't know that.

"Yeah after the problem with foxy I'm not too comfortable near the animatronics." You lied, you weren't scared of the animatronics you just needed to focus more near them to avoid getting gutted.

"Oh yeah, how's your stomach going by the way?".

"I can walk around fine, I'll just need to change my stitches a couple more times and it'll be fine." You said, wondering if you had the stuff necessary to stitch yourself back up at the apartment or if you were going to have to stop by a store.

Ruby nodded and continued following you around during your walk.
She was more quiet than usual, she wasn't even humming or telling you about her day.

"How long are you staying here y/n?" She blurted out.
You were surprised by her question.

"I don't.. I, why?" You managed to ask back.

"You look unsure all the time, as if things could suddenly change tomorrow. Do you plan on moving soon? Please tell me you won't, you're a cool person and work is better when you're here." She said looking up at the sky, you wondered if she was looking where she was going.

"Is it just because afterwards you will be the only girl at the diner?" You joked.

"Not at all !" She said looking back at you. "Not just me ! Everyone else ! Since you've been here, Both Henry and William seem happy again, I'm actually happy to go to work and David... even though he has disappeared, he looks in better health and condition since you're here." She protested.

David was gone because of you. And when you caught the murderer, someone else was gonna get put to jail or even worse... killed.

The day was going to come, sooner or later, when you would have to stop him.

You were both heading back to the restaurant, Ruby had started talking about her day, changing the subject.

You slowly forgot about the conversation before Ruby suddenly asked another question that you were absolutely not expecting.

"Hey y/n, do you like William?"