Issue

William kept you warm in his arms.
The only sound in the air was his heartbeat, slow and steady.
Oh and a mouse that kept scuttling around somewhere near the door.

It didn't take you long to fall asleep, taken away by the calmness that William brought.

You woke up, against the same damp wall you had been against the last couple of hours, only to see William above David, fiddling something in between his fingers.

« Are you going to be taking that? » you asked as you walked up to him.

« Yep, it's going to come in useful if I need to run. » he replied, turning David's identity papers to look fully at the information written. « David Miller, also known as Dave Miller eh? » William said amused, « kinda suits me huh? »

« What Dave Miller? I think I prefer calling you Afton honestly, don't want to think of him any longer. » you said, glancing at the body of the floor, making sure it's really dead.

« And I prefer you call me other names. » he smirked, looking down at you.

« Ok, fun time finished can you bring me back home now, William? » you questioned as you turned your back to him jokingly.

He leaned in to your ear,
« Kinda hopes you would've called me Afton there, would be a good reason to kiss at least, I did save your life more than once » even without looking at his face you knew he was grinning ferociously.

« Don't act as if I owe you something. The simple fact that i haven't run off to the police yet is something you should be grateful about already. » you countered.

« Love, if I knew you were an issue, you wouldn't be here. » he whispered before moving away from your ear.

« How can you know that? » you demanded.

« Know what love? » he asked, both of you turning around to face each other.

« How do you know I'm not an « issue » for you ?? » you repeated.

He moved up to your face, causing you to blush.
He did that on purpose.

"This," he said, gently grabbing your cheeks.
"This, is why you're not an issue."

You turned your face abruptly, leaving his hands hanging in the air.

"Just take me home."

~~~

The night was cold, you looked at the masses of paperwork on the table in front you, unbothered to look through any of it.

"Y/n?" Flo called out.

"I'm over here." You said, waving to him.

"Working on the balcony now?" He chuckled.

You nodded, grabbing a random sheet of paper and reading what Flo had written on it.

The killer had information on the children he killed. He must know a lot of people, maybe Henry?

Nope, dead wrong Flo.
Go look at his best friend.

Flo was quiet.

"What's up?" You said, turning in your seat to face him.

"... how— how are you y/n?" He asked looking at the paper in between your fingers.

"Tired?" You answered, trying to figure out what you were feeling.

And what you weren't.

Not an ounce of regret for killing David.
(William assured you he took care of his body.)

"Y/n... I've never seen you this affected by a mission before. And I've seen you through some bad stuff." He said, "but I don't feel like this has to do with anything, mission related. Is there something going on?" He asked searching for your eyes.

He was talking about William wasn't he?

"There's nothing going on... we just have to get this mission over quickly so we can get back to fighting real bad guys." You smiled weakly at him.

"Good that's reassuring, we have a little over a week to finish this before the main team starts needing us back for more important matters." He said, heading back towards the glass sliding door.

... One week?

"Just... be careful about William okay?" Flo smiled.

You were barely listening,
You needed William.
You couldn't leave, you knew that.

"... y/n??" Flo insisted.

"What if I can't do this anymore?" You whispered.

"What the hell are you talking about??" Flo asked, heading towards you. "You the star of all our agents ! No one is even comparable to your level, you are the future of this country y/n, you can't leave it behind."

"What if im done with the killing?" You murmured, looking up at Flo.

That was a lie.
Killing appeased you, even if you hated admitting it,
admitting you were a murderer.
A monster.

You weren't any better than William, so... why not just stay with him? Abandon the whole assassin thing and join William?
You would be a huge help for him but no more killing kids though.. or as least as possible.

"Y/n, I've seen the look in your eyes when you have to defend me, yourself, or anyone else. Knowing you save countless amounts of lives makes you happier than anything I've ever seen before. You are proud and you can be. You save lives god dammit y/n."

He knelt in front of you.

"Coming from probably your greatest friend out there,
you are outstanding y/n, don't let yourself go that easily."

You wanted to cry but couldn't.
You hugged Flo with all your might.

"Woh woh, and you say I'm the one with rib crushing hugs?? Have you felt yours?" He wheezed.

"Oh shut up." You said letting go of him.

"Come on. I made dinner for us while you worked."

~~

Wind passed over the tall grass as you tugged off a strand.
The grass here was so soft, you could never figure out why, the huge plains filled with all types of plants, your favorite was the lavender field not so far from your aunt's cottage.
You would always spend your afternoons there, the gentle sun kissing your cheeks and the breeze tickling your nose.
Everything was so perfect.
Why did it have to go?

Your dream wasn't filled with the fields of flowers you loved running through or the tall grass you made small bracelets out of,
but with yours screams as you stood in front of her lifeless body.
The floor around you scorched red, spilling out from her.

Your hands  holding the kiss of death.