⇶22

"Just say hey. She likes you because I like you. No worries baby." Jayhden took Algee's hand in his.

They took showers each and then laid in Jayhden's bed until his mom and his sister came back home.

They are now standing in the middle of his room. Algee was low-key panicking but he tried not to let it show.

The youngers dad already hated him and he needed his mom to atleast not hate him so they could hang out in peace.

"Aight." Algee nodded. Jayhden pulled his hand so they could go downstairs. "Teachers don't even grade how smart we are. They just be in their feelings." Ivy loosened the tie from her uniform around her neck.

"Yeah. Messed up." Jayhden commented so she turned to them and gave her brother a head nod.

Her eyes then snapped to the tall guy standing next to him and their hands still connected.

"Hi." She waved at him and he smiled politely. "Good evening ma'am." Algee spoke to the woman who was now also looking at him.

"Is this the famous crush in person?" She grinned making Jayhden sigh. "So embarrassing." He mumbled as both Algee and Ivy chuckled.

"Nice to meet you." She said, "pleasure to meet you too." He held out his hand.

"Wow. Boy has got manners." She shook his hand firmly. "I hope you guys haven't eaten anything because we're making burgers today."

"Yess" Jayhden walked in the kitchen area to wash his hands. "Do you eat meat? Ivy is vegan so we have some vegan meat." The woman went to wash her hands too.

"I eat everything." He chuckled making her laugh too. Jayhden looked back at him and raised a brow to which Algee chuckled.

"Everyone puts what they want on their burgers. Come here." Jayhden motioned with his head for him to wash his hands too.

Algee liked how he was accepted so easily. And he was happy his annoying ass dad wasn't home.

"You want to share why you're vegan?" The woman looked back at her daughter who was waiting to get her turn at the sink.

"No. Mom stop." Ivy rolled her eyes as Jayhden laughed. "Now I wanna know." Algee chuckled.

"Okay" Ivy sighed, "when I was way younger I wasn't thinking and I.. My mom said she had to go to the store to get fish for our dinner so I took my goldfish out of the glass and ran after her.." Ivy explained.

"She kept screaming mom mom you don't have to go. I have fish we can eat now." The woman spoke and they all continued to laugh.

"We were all hungry but damn." Jayhden laughed, "and who were you going to feed with that little thing anyway?" Jayhden added.

Ivy chuckled a little too.

"Anyways. I feel bad for killing animals and in general I just want to leave them alone and not take anything from them anymore."

The story was kind of sad honestly.

"You good?" Algee asked her, "I think I'm a little traumatised." Ivy shrugged. To that no one knew what to say so they all just kept laughing.

"I'm okay." Ivy clarified letting them know that it was a joke. "Can you preheat the oven Jaydhen?" His mom asked while opening the bread they would have to put in the oven.

"I need a number." Jayhden cluelessly looked at the oven not knowing what number to type in. Algee stepped behind him and clicked on the button that said 'pre heat'.

"I promise we're not all this dumb." Ivy got a smack to the back of her head from her mom for that comment.

Algee chuckled earning a glare from Jayhden so he immediately dropped his smile and innocently raised his arms.