୨୧┊EIGHT :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

CURSES YOU GAVE.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"Y/N . . . Have you ever thought of running away?" Five asked randomly, we were now walking through town still hand in hand, the setting sun beamed against Five's skin as his brows were furrowed like always,

I thought over his words for a moment, it was a option that had crossed my mind multiple times, perhaps.

"I have. Why are you asking, Five?" I replied plainly, he sighed, his hand tightened over mine.

"I've been . . . Practicing my spatial jumps. In theory, I could perhaps time travel, actually. I think I might be ready to actually do it." Five said proudly, I looked at him at a confused manner while my outcomes of this idea bombarded my head,

"I don't know Five, time isn't something to be messed with. I'm pretty sure spatial jumps are nothing like whatever process time travel might be." I said quietly, Five listened in silence, I had a feeling that this wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"Yeah but what if I could time travel, wouldn't that be cool? See the future?" Five said sternly, I blinked as I thought this over. It would be interesting to see the future.

"If you could, you could let me tag along. But I'm still skeptical on this when looking through it with a realistic point of view." I said hesitantly,

"I can. I know I can, Y/N. It would be quick, just a look into what the future will be and that's that. I promise I'll even bring you once I get the opportunity to attempt at time travel." Five said lowly, I smiled in a concerned matter as I was still skeptical of this whole idea by its self.

"That sounds lovely, Five."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The door creaked open, the sound echoed throughout my house, something was off, though. My eyes fell as the lights were abnormally turned on,

"Shit." I muttered to myself as quietly, quickly I paced towards my room before a voice could stop me, and a voice did stop me;

"Where were you?" her voice rang through my ears, I took note of how slurred her words were and I kept my back faced towards her, I was scared to turn around and do I just simply stood in shock.

"Answer me . . . Why aren't you talking?" she said a bit agitated, I turned around with wide eyes, my eyes roamed around the room before it finally settled on her eyes, forcing mine to look at her so I didn't look scared.

Her hair was a utter mess, her eye bags were evident as her eyes were big with an insane look.

"I . . . "

"You what?"

"I was with . . . a friend." I said, my voice getting soft in the end, she laughed, placing her hand to her temple.

"A friend? You don't have friends. You're lying! Where were you really?" she yelled unnecessarily loud, I flinced at the tone of her voice.

"I'm not lying, Ma. We had homework to do together . . ." I said, okay I lied at the end of that sentence but it sounded most reasonable.

She gradually came closer to me, the smell of alcohol filled my nostrils, my face turned sour as I couldn't move even though I yelled at myself to do just that inside my head.

She harshly grabbed my face with her hand, hurting my cheeks which made me groan a bit from pain.

"I know you're lying. What . . . I heard your brothers saying something about you . . . and some boy . . ." she slurred out with trouble, seemingly confused but serious at the same time,

"Where you with him? You slut! " she exclaimed, her voice echoed the house.

"WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING. SPEAK." she yelled, throwing me backwards, resulting in me falling on the floor, I huffed as my eyes started to tear up,

"I'm not a slut. I did nothing wrong!" I whimpered as I stared up at her, she came closer with an aggravated look,

"You did nothing wrong?" she laughed, "Oh, It's never you, is it, huh?" she yelled, manically. Suddenly she stepped harshly on my leg, making me scream in loudly, she then picked me up and threw me towards the hallway, making me stumble before I quickly ran to my room without another thought.

I dropped my school bag quickly on the floor before I hastily locked my bedroom's door, I breathed heavily as my body sunk towards the ground while my back pressed hard towards the door.

I gripped my head, thumps and footsteps echoing my mind before loud knocks came just behind me, startling me a lot.

I whimpered to myself, hearing the woman's loud breathing cycle from behind,

"OPEN THIS DOOR NOW. OPEN IT. OPEN IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR YOU'LL REGRET IT YOU FUCKER."

I shook my head as if telling myself to calm down, panicking would not benefit this situation at all. I shot up and picked up my school bag again, running towards my window as I knelt on my bed to open it.

I found myself wishing I had Five's abilities right about now, they would've been very helpful in this situation.

The window was hard to unlock as I had tears in my eyes and a growing headache from how overwhelming this all came to be, the knocking just continued . . .

and continued . . .

and continued . . .

and continued . . .

I laughed in relief as I finally shoved my window open, leaping out as my legs had no hesitation to just run.

I didn't care where to, I just had to get away.