୨୧┊THIRTY ONE :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

WHAT I WANT.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

--

SOMEWHERE IN THE 60'S, THE COMMISSION . . . A PASSED MEMORY.

--

"Why are you so tense?" I inquired as my legs carried me towards my suitcase, opening it to pull out some clothes for the day.

"I'm still struggling . . . With this equation to get us back home . . ."

"Five . . . I know it's important to work on that but you have to pay mind to your job. And you new some rest? Yeah, relax?" I spoke softly, resting my hand on his shoulder as my face held a small frown. Five only shrugged my hand off, causing me to gasp as I held it.

"Y/N. We need to fucking get back. As fast as possible. Don't you miss your family as well?" Five said, glancing at me from the corner of his eye. I huffed as I walked back around to get myself dressed.

"Of course I miss them, Five. But I never say so, do I? I never complained or anything! Because I know how hard this is on you." I sadly remarked as I pulled a dress over my head. I sat down on our shared bed as I held my head in my hands.

"That's the problem, Y/N. You don't complain-- Voice your concerns! I never know what you want . . . need . . . " Five rambled, his voice cracking in the end as his expression was vividly tense and tired.

I lifted my head from my hands as I was now staring at Five, he kept his gaze on me. His expression softened, gradually he walked towards me and hugged me tightly, I wrapped my arms around him.

I don't know why.

I don't know why I can't . . . Talk about Me.

"I'm sorry, Five. " I whispered, not knowing what to say. I felt numb and my mind was blank, at this moment I couldn't remember or recall anything.

As if I was set to airplane mode.

--
Y/N POV :

--
PRESENT.

--

"I want to see my family." I spoke loud and clear as I stood in front of Five. His head slowly rose from his position as I now saw what he was writing on the paper was equations . . . My face faltered as I saw his contort into a scowl,

"I thought you said your parents died?"

"They did die, Five. I have more family than my parents, y'know.

Victor told me as well that my Mother's sister is staying at my childhood home, I thought we could perhaps visit?" I said, now feeling an ounce of regret. I wondered what he was thinking . . .

Did he think I'm selfish? To want to do something so meaningless as we had no time?

Surely we couldn't invest all our time on solving the apocalypse . . . I would've much rather not solve this problem, rather enjoy the days we could've had left.

Five blinked his eyes as he stared up at me, thinking this all over. I bit my lip in anticipation as I held my hands together.

"I did say we could visit later. I guess it is later now . . . Alright, let's go, darling." Five finally gave in. He stood up with a small smile as he set the piece of paper down, I could tell he really wanted to finsih what he was doing but I couldn't be bothered by that as this moment.

Fuck.

--

I huffed loudly. Five and I stood in front of a door, behind that very door was the many horrors mankind xould muster up, the horrors of an agonizing family.

They're dead. Don't be scared.

Five squeezed my hand, I looked to my side to see his face was sorrowful, for me. I smiled and kissed his cheek before directing my attention towards the white painted wooden door, its paint was chipped and slightly peeling from the corners.

I shook my free hand before I lifted it to knock, I knocked three times before I cursed at myself in the back if my head.

You can do this. You're not longer a little girl . . . Mentally.

"Hello?" A little girl questioned as she was the one who had opened the door, she stood with the door in her hand with a blank expression as she examined the people at her door step.

She looked much like my aunt, Donna. This must be her daughter!

I smiled as I quickly examined the girl myself, she had colored skin with long black curly hair that hung in her eyes. She wore a simple summer dress that was a lovely blue color, she also sported plain white flats.

"Hello! Is Miss Donna here? I'm her niece. " I spoke kindly as I slightly bowed, the girl in front of me looked at me very oddly, my brows furrowed at this. I briefly glanced at Five before fully looking at the girl again.

"Niece? My Mom only has one sibling and she's dead . . . I believe her daughter is as well since she went missing and wasn't found for years . . . Maybe you have the wrong Donna. " the girl quietly spoke as she was a bit weirder out, I shook my head as my eyes widened; seeing the girl was about to close the door.

"No-- Hey, wait. Uhm, could I just please see her! Tell her, Y/N L/N is here to see her . . . " I begged a bit, staring at the girl pleadingly. The girls brow quirked before she nodded, closing the door as I assumed she ran off to tell her Mother.