୨୧┊FIFTY TWO :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

LETTER.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I turned my head at the sight, blinking a few times as if that would get the horrific imagery out of my head.

Morbid.

Harold Jenkins has died morbidly.

It might sound pitiful . . . someone like me not being able to dare glance at a gruesome killing like this whereas I myself have killed a few people in the deep past . . .

I suppose this was different.

I didn't do it and therefore it's taboo . . .

"This is grotesque . . . Mind we head out?" I questioned loudly for the three men beside me to hear, my eyes stuck to the ceiling like it was the most interesting piece of structure I have ever seen.

No one replied.

Their gaze remained on the corpse curiously,

"This-- It's not exactly what I was expecting."

"The understatement of the year." Five inquired, his hands in his pockets from what I could see by the corner of my eye.

"No sign of Vanya. " Klaus breathed out,

"Let's get out of here, before the cops come." Diego quickly suggested, stepping away as he turned to walk, Klaus and I following close behind before we were rudely interrupted,

"In a minute." Five sighed, crouching next to the corpse who upon seeing I instantly dropped my head so my eyes could stick to the floor.

I know what Five's doing . . . I saw that damn eye plaster . . .

I heard him tear the plaster off Harold's skin, making me shiver at the thought of what he was doing. His brothers foolishly observed his actions.

But I . . . I knew better.

"Come on, Five, what are you . . ." Diego trailed off,

"Ugh, wow. Y/N, are you seeing this?" Klaus interfered, observing the scene himself which I was obviously not.

"No. Get that damn prosthetic eye out of his eye socket and let's leave, Five!" I softly reasoned from where I stood.

Five simply ignored my words, "Same eye color, same pupil size. This is it. They eye Y/N and I've been carrying around for decades, it-- it's found its rightful home."

"Yippee." I monotonously exclaimed, flaring my hands sarcastically as if I was truly excited. Though I couldn't and wouldn't see it . . . I knew Five had rolled his eyes at my words as well as my gesture.

I knew this was big . . . Ha . . .

This couldn't be it. No, not quite yet.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse."

"Yay. Let's go." Klaus quickly said, stepping away from the corpse while he rushed away, grabbing my arm in the process to drag me along.

But Klaus simply trembled backwards, Diego pulling him over to Five and him once again. This caused me to now stand alongside them, the cold lifeless eyes of Harold's corpse staring into my eyes.