୨୧┊TWENTY TWO :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

COMMON LIFE STYLE.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I scrunched my nose as I continued to stare up to the man, his attire was just as expected; a formal white button up matched with a black jacket, black pants as well. I don't know why I expected his clothing to be this way, so clean and simple. His hair was messy, a dark brown as he held dark circles beneath his brown eyes.

My eyes softened at his presence, I could feel the guilt and utter regret wash upon me as I was so cruel to him all those years. Yet somehow we always remained friends, I appreciated that of him honestly.

Soon Victor's face retorted to horror as he stood eerily still, he then shook his head as he hesitantly held out his hand for me, his face still disturbed.

I took his hand and he gradually pulled me upwards, he didn't let ho but instead continued to stare at me curiously, coming closer as he examined my face. I stood still, holding my face as neutral as I could before I could realize his eyes glistened with a layer of tears.

I squeezed his hand that I still held,

"I thought you were dead . . . This is very surreal . . . " he whispered with his brows still furrowed in confusion,

"How come are you still thirteen, Y/N? What happened to you?" he asked worryingly, his voice breaking a bit, I smiled at him,

"I got stuck somewhere with a friend, see; We were entirely unable to return until recently. I'm very sorry and I appreciate your concern. My age has been . . . a little stunned . . . " I explained, looking down at our hands as I noticed he wore a plain silver ring on his ring finger. I smiled, he grew up.

"Oh . . ." he said softly as he continued to stare. His eyes slowly drifted towards my attire,

"Umbrella . . . Academy uniform? " he asked uncertain, I sighed as I looked over at him again,

"The friend I was stuck with, he's apart of the Umbrella Academy." I said with a smile, Victors eyes widened,

"What! No way, really?" he asked in excitement, a smile finally traced his features, I laughed and shook my head.

"Um, Can we perhaps exit the library? I don't want to stand and catch up on here." I said sheepishly, Victor nodded and let go off my hand, allowing me to walk out first.

--

"Victor, do you maybe . . . I don't know . . . Do you know if my parents still live at our house? My siblings even?" I asked hesitantly, I held my hands together as Victor and I sat on a bench nearby a park. Now that I think of it, it might look odd to see a thirty one year old man sitting next to a thirteen year old girl, that girl being in school clothing as well.

Victor hummed, looking to the ground as he pondered his next words, I stared at him expectantly,

"Y/N. " he started, sighing, "Your parents are both dead. I am aware however that your Mothers sister lives in your home now, along with her daughter." Victor rambled softly, I felt my mouth curve into a straight line. Dead. Should I be upset about this? I didn't feel upset, I am probably terrible for not feeling any form of remorse for my deceased parents.

So, my Mother's sister festered in our home with her daughter. Miss Donna and Winona. I've never met Winona, hell . . . she hadn't existed yet when I was still in this timeline, I had read about her in a crumbled up letter I found in the apocalypse, it being still eligible.

I had noted that it was written to me. Where it had said who it's from had been torn off roughly, the handwriting was quite familiar, though.

"How'd they pass?" I asked, staring at him blankly, he stared back.

"I believe your Mother was found dead in the kitchen floor five years after your disappearance, due to alcohol poisoning. Your Father died during a court hearing as someone pulled out a gun and committed mass murder in there that day, your Father being victim." Victor explained, each word rolling off his tongue as it stuck and burned holes into my head.

So long and goodnight Sheá L/N & Duncan L/N.

"That's brutal." I simply said, standing up.

"It's been nice catching up with you, Victor. I really have to get going now, I'm quite busy and have a tight schedule at the moment but I'll make sure to see you whenever again." I said with a smile, stuffing my hands in my pockets as he returned the facial expression.

"Take care, Y/N."

"I will, thank you." I said before walking off, leaving the man alone on the bench nearby the park.

--

I spent the rest of my hours roaming around the Umbrella Academy mansion. I took in ever detail and looked over every portrait the building had to offer. I didn't go into any rooms though as I was respectful, I only roamed the halls, etc.

I did make a consideration of perhaps paying my old home a visit but I decided I wasn't fully ready for that, after hearing about my parent's death I already knew quite enough for the day.

I feel numb.

Currently I was waiting for Five, I started to feel a little lonesome without that fucker by my side. I'd be as petty to say I missed him, I was no longer angry at him. Sure he was wrong for his outburst but I fully forgave him, like I always did.

I dragged my feet towards the stair case before I came to a halt, staring across to see Allison, Luther and Five.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Are you okay? Can we help?" Luther said as he reached for Fives bag he had over his shoulder, Five instinctively grabbed Luther's arm, holding it up as his face fumed. I winched,

"There's nothing you can do. There's nothing any of you can do." I frowned, sighing softly, Five dropped Luther's wrist, stomping away quietly towards his room. His expression looked devastated and broken. I quietly walked, making my way to his room myself.

What the hell happened to you while I was gone, Five?