୨୧┊THIRTY FIVE :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

LONG CAR RIDES.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

It was a quiet drive. Not Five, Luther nor I dared to say a word to one another.

It was oddly comfortable.

My eyes lazily settled on every tree passing us by until there were no longer trees to stare at . . . so I started to stare at the simple grass we were casually passing by.

It looks healthy.

I think.

Now this plan of Five. It was surely starting and well . . . Something.

An attempt at something that could potentially go wrong in so many ways! That's for future me to worry about, though . . . I can't spoil my pleasant mood of pure bliss right about now. Car rides were always pleasant and comforting.

Oh how Rudely I was interrupted once the car hit an abrupt stop! My head whipped up from laying backwards on the seat I sat on, staring onto where Five and Luther sat at the front.

We're here already?

Five quickly unbuckled his seat belt which I egged him on putting on earlier, he glanced outside the window beside him before he finally settled his eyes on Luther.

I looked over to him as well.

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five blankly stated, I blinked as I processed his words. In my mind I went 'Oooohhhh' as I quickly understood his meaning.

Luther looked over at Five dumbfounded, tilting his head slightly.

"What?" Luther questioned his brother.

"The killing. I mean I was . . . I was good at my work, and I . . . I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." Five sighed out quietly. I held a small sad smile, listening and taking in his words.

Five was the best of his work. Though I could not stress enough about all the days and months he made it evident to me of how much he disliked what he did and was doing. He held endless regret and guilt and I had no idea of how to make him feel better . . .

I mean.

How could I when I was experiencing the same thing, relatively. How.

I tried my best, though. We always were there for each other.

We tried.

"I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough.

It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther concluded, looking at seemingly nothing as Five intently listened.

"You think they'll buy it?" Luther asked Five, looking his way. I held a frown as I continued to listen to their conversation.

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission find out, they'll be in deep shit." Five replied.

What he said was true and not far fetched at all, I could easily recall the anxieties I use to bare back when we were still involved solely with the commission, my anxieties of protecting that damn suitcase.

"Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." Five added.

"Well, should I hold it?"

"Hm?"

"In case they make a move on you. Or you." Luther said, briefly turning his head so his eyes could meet mine, I subtly smiled at the mention of me once again.

"Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've . . . I've lived a long life, but . . . you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it." Five shrugged, Luther stared at him oddly as he held the suitcase on his lap.

Five smiled as he looked out the window. Luther only slowly took his vision off Five to look ahead of him.

I rested my hands in one another as I stared ahead as well.

Now we wait . . .

We sat I'm silence for a good solid second before Five let out a loud sigh, "Hmm . . . "

I blinked a few times as a car came into view, approaching us somewhat.

"Here we go." Five quietly said, staring at said car.

Luther instantly got out, Five as well as he was clearly impatient. I sat back, crossing my legs as I waited . . . Not even a minute later the door beside me opened, Five holding it. He huffed agitatedly as he opened it wider.

I smiled widely as I carefully got out, dusting myself. I stood before Five as he has now shut the car's door. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along.

"Such a gentleman." I said under my breath. He looked over to me with a brief smirk before he looked over at our company.

He glanced down before his eyes met mine, prolonging our eye contact before he pulled me along to walk towards Luther.

"If this all goes side ways, do me a favor and look over Y/N. " My expression quickly turned shocked as I looked over to Five. I could perfectly look over myself pretty greatly!

I almost felt offended . . . I wasn't some fucking child . . . mentality.

I frowned as I looked over to Luther, who also looked remotely confused.

I mean. I was going with Five to the Commission anyhow and I was sure to not let him get in any life threatening danger.

As our company's car door opened from a distance we all collectively stared over at the sound, as it shut Five pulled me along once more to now walk with him towards our company.

Cha-Cha & Hazel. A grown woman with a puppy mask that looked like something from party city and a grown man with a chipmunk mask that reminded me of those creepy chuck-e cheese animatronics . . .

Yep. These were the right people we called up.