୨୧┊SEVENTY :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

CHANGE IS WEIRD.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"Where now, dearest?"

"Off to find the brother of mine who has the kin related to a primate, love." Five spoke in a soft tone, his eyes expressing boredom as he pulled me along. Hand in mine.

It was odd. The sudden change of tone, the gears of his mind twisted in a way he could only be who I had known him as for all those past years of . . . us. He was finally himself. The Five I knew.

My suspicion . . . conclusion . . ?

Separation.

Separation from his peers, siblings - family, has utterly shifted his being, he had become different around them. He was a different man in their presence, even when we left them and we were alone together. Peculiar, methinks.

Now they're lost, scattered about and we had only found one familiar of his, I wonder if he would change again. If the spiraling inside my mind would continue from where it had left off . . .

I hummed finally, my mind taking note to the name he had called me, my brow quirked slightly and I felt a smile come up, it falling instantly at the sight of a mildly inappropriate building.

"My, you think he has became a . . . Do you think Texans are . . . into furries . . ?" I muttered out, gasping. A tad flash of disturbance lacing my features as I trailed off, turning my head to Five. Five huffed, smiling slightly.

I grinned, leaning my head towards his as I planted a small, quick kiss upon his lips.

This is nice. I hope this sticks . . .

"Come on, angel." his arm extended gracefully, cranking my thoughts ad I felt myself flourish, hooking my arm with his in gratitude.

The man who stood by the door had watched us inch closer, noting every step we took, I stopped, turning my head to Five.

"In here? We couldn't get pass that man!"

"Yeah, here. I'll blink us in, don't worry."

"Don't be obtuse, I'll stun the time, we can slip in cleanly without a disturbance or drawing any unwanted attention." Five nodded as he heard my whim, idly standing.

I inhaled, changing the route of nature as the time halted at my command. I nudged Five, letting us quickly step pass the burly man.

As we stepped in, I instantly let a singular cough escape at the sour smell the building had emitted inside. Time flowed, as it was intended to.

It was eerily crowded, men of all kinds occupying multiple seats. It was rowdy and lewd, a woman sensually danced upon a huge extended stage where tons of men sat, I cringed at the sight.

We bumped past many people, waitresses and customers alike, a few stares being slung our way while we simply ignored it. We came before the massive stage the woman was still dancing upon, Five instantly plopping himself down.

He stared up at my unsure figure, patting his thigh lightly as he grinned. My lips slightly curling upwards, ignoring the eyes of many.

"Sit here." Five demanded softly, a hint of playfulness sparking his tone. I grinned, swinging my legs over his lap as I situated myself upon him greatly.

"I really do love you, you're a work of art." I smiled out, watching how Five's eyes glistened at the thought, he chuckled as his hands began to snake around me, pecking my lips.

". . . Uh . . . Young Sir, Ma'am . . . You can't be here. We don't allow minors." a feminine southern accent rang out, interrupting Five and I.

She was tall, a blonde mess of hair neatly made on top of her head. She wore a shiny mesh-like dress, glittery jewels adorned her neck.

Pretty.

Five and I shared a brief glance, his eyes met the woman, a smirk tugging on his lips. I watched between the two, confused.

"What time do you get off work, sweetheart?" I immediately brought my hand to Five's well structured face, lightly hitting him across as I huffed, an aggravated look shot his way via me. I glanced up towards the woman again, seeing her stunned expression.

"Sorry dear, he's only pulling your leg." I kindly smiled, she seemed taken aback. Five gently rubbed his cheek, eyes meeting mine as his head was slightly turned towards the woman.

"Tell me . . . Is there by any chance a Luther Hargreeves here?" he somewhat muttered, scowling in a way you could easily tell he wasn't really upset in any way. She nodded, nervously smiling while she quickly walked off through the crowded space.

"You dirty man." I quietly spoke, staring deeply at Five. He licked his lips, his surroundings meaningless at the moment.

We both stared.

My eyes drifted from his view, seeing a large man evidently close, I waved sublty as he somewhat waved back, anger in his step.

He leaned towards us, glancing at Five sideways, "Cheating is not plausible."

"Nice to see you too, Luther." Five never mindlessly spoke, eyes lingering on me.

"What do you two want?" huh.

"Well, for you to stop hovering like an ambitious stripper and sit down with us." Five suggested, his eyes now on Luther.

Luther moved, sighing heavily as he dragged a chair near Five, setting himself upon it. His eyes roamed around,

"How long have you been here?"

"A year, thanks to you."

"I'm sorry, Luther. I know that couldn't have been easy." Luther frowned harshly, glaring at Five exclusively.

"I thought everyone was dead!" I bit my lip, looking to the floor. Luther's attention seemed to drift, him standing up quickly,

"I gotta go."

"Luther, wait." Five gripped the man's arm, letting me almost topple over at the lack of support, his other hand holding me tightly. I furrowed my brows as I looked between the two siblings,

"Look, I get it, okay? We get it. We know what it's like to be stuck in time . . . thinking this is how you're gonna live out the rest of your life. On the run and not knowing if you're ever gonna see the people you love again, and to be in an unfamiliar world. But Luther, you're not alone. We have to find the others because the world ends again in ten days . . . I have no idea how to stop it." Five monologued, staring in anticipation at his burly brother.

Luther stood still, quiet. His brows stitched as his eyes moved from Five to me back and forth. His lips bagan to part,

"I don't give a shit." he spoke, shaking his head. My heart sank a bit, disappointment filling me in.

Great.

Five scowled deeply, looking everywhere but me.