୨୧┊FIFTY EIGHT :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

THE WHITE VIOLIN.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"I'm glad Bruce found someone . . . only if Ma were here to see this . . . " I spoke aloud, grinning as I stared at the ground in mention of my own Mother. My humor here was impeccable, I shook my head.

Oh, I'll never stop poking at your rotten buried soul.

The sky was dark and gloomy, clouds hung like shadows in the dark blues of the night.

I looked up to see Five subtly nod from the corner of my eye, I let my eyes fall to the ground again before he came to a stop. His grip on my hand became tighter as the sounds of rumble and such tumbling together finally registered in the depths of my mind, I looked up in horror,

"Mom . . . Mom!" I heard Diego shout from a distance, I stepped back slightly. My eyes widened at the sight, shambles of something so relevant and close.

THIS IS IT . . . ISN'T IT? IT CAN'T BE OVER YET.

NO . . . IT CAN'T.

My own pair of hands quickly flung up from my side as well from the heat Five's held, flinging up towards my head as I held it, closing my eyes as I breathed slowly.

No. I say no, please . . . please no?

Opening my eyes I saw Five had vanished,

"Fuck! Five, where are you?"I exclaimed from the top of my lungs as I ran towards the scattered pieces of what the Academy was only moments ago. My youthful legs carried me far along the piles of bricks and such.

I ran further into the academy, tripping over a piece of what I had assumed was once something like a wall . . . a foundation which held it all together.

The foundations of decay. Great description, really.

I landed on my frail knees, they scraped against the ground roughly as pieces of broken glass quickly pricked my skin, tearing into the thickness my palms harvested.

I winced in pain but quickly sprung up, trembling from the newly formed sores on my knees, I cried.

Hurriedly I walked along this all, dragging my feet across the cluttered area as I rubbed my hands on the skirt I wore to get the blood off of them.

I looked up into the sky as I breathed, the bright blue moon stared right back at me as I stood in the piles of ruins.

I quickly came to a realization . . .

MY BAG. MY BAG THAT HELD MY LETTERS, MY CANDY . . . THE CANDY I BOUGHT WITH MY HARD-EARNED-STOLEN MONEY !!

I ran further, stalling once I found the lot I was gradually looking for . . . somewhat.

I stood idly as they all seemed for be in the middle of something, a form of bickering I'd assume. I still couldn't get my mind off Five's whereabouts, scratching my skin as I felt it react in an odd manner due to my international panick.

"But Vanya wouldn't--"

"No, I saw it." Luther retorted, I furrowed my brows as I was slightly taken back, remembering how I saw Vanya and Luther together the last time I was situated inside the Academy.

Did they cause this? Should I have stayed?

"Just before we got out."

"Mom. Now Pogo." Diego inquired softly, his voice low as he stared everyone in the face before he slowly lowered himself on a piece of rumble.

I balled my hands into a fist, the broken shards cutting deeper as I did so.

Ah, fuck.

I stepped closer, sitting next to Diego in one simple bend, winching as my knees were in action once more.

These will be fun to patch up . . . or I rather shouldn't, that might be even more fun.

"Guys." Five yelled out, finally running into us all. I frowned a bit as Diego took ahold of my hand from beside me. It seems that he was too upset to notice the glass stuck in the creases of my hands or even my thoroughly scraped knees.

I didn't mind that thought, not at all.

Five held a piece of crumbled up newspaper, he plainly straightened it out as he walked closer rapidly,

"This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today." he spoke hastily, his eyes lingered on my figure for a brief moment before turning his attention back to the newspaper in hand.

"I thought you said it was over." Diego bitterly spat from beside me, I bit my lip in slight guilt.

I knew it wasn't the end . . . it was too simple, nothing is quite that simple, ever.

"I was wrong, okay?" Five spoke, holding the newspaper infront of him to draw all of our attention.

Not mine.

I sighed, tracing a single hand over my bloody knee as blood continued to slowly seep from the confines of my skin. I held my palm to it's upside as I looked at it's beauty of being brutally impaled, a soft smile conveyed my features before it began to falter.

"This newspaper, I found it in the future the day Y/N and I got stuck." Five explained, grasping my attention as my eyes stuck to him and the movements he made in pure distress.

"The headline hasn't changed."

"No, that doesn't mean anything." Diego said in a dazed state. My eyes lingered over him worriedly as he looked at nothing in particular, his hand held mine now loosely.

He shook his hand in disapproval to Five's theory,

"The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning." Diego explained, expanding his reasoning to Five.

"You're not listening to me. When I found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The Moon's still shining, the Earth is in one piece, but not the Academy." Five concluded, his movements getting more rapid by every word he uttered.

Klaus yanked the paper from Five's grasp, holding it up to his face,

"I'm confused." he honestly said, eyes tracing over the letters printed onto the crumbled sheet of paper.

"Then listen to me, you idiot! Y/N back me up, quit sittin' there all helpless!" Five angrily spat, following Klaus as he walked around with the paper in hand.

I huffed as I got up, internally crying as my legs bent again, leaving Diego on the pile he sat on as I followed close behind the two, I looked back at the Academy before I stood still.

". . . It seems like Vanya had destroyed the Academy befors the initial apocalypse begins." I suggested boldly, crossing my arms as Five nodded from where he stood, beside me.

"See, I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse." Five added to my argument, I nodded at his point, thinking it over.

"Yeah, Vanya is the bomb." I spoke, watching Five as he gestured to me due to what I had said.

Silence fogged over us all before Five angrily moved his hands,

"Vanya causes the apocalypse." Five finsihed, the sounds of helicopter blades from above as well as sirens echoing from afar as they started to gradually approach, I grabbed the sleeve of Five's blazer in instinct.

"We have to find her." Luther loosely said.

A light harshly came over us all, blinding me slightly as I squinted my eyes,

"We gotta go!" Diego loudly yelled out to us all,

"Regroup at the Superstar, go!'

I whimpered to myself as Five harshly grabbed my wrist, blinking us away.