୨୧┊SIXTY EIGHT :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

ELLIOTT . . .

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Five began to roam around, glancing at me every now and then,

"You ever heard of, uh, Area 51? Roswell?" Five loudly questioned out, Eliott scoffed from behind me as he chuckled. I slightly smiled.

Seeing Five again was surreal . . . but it somehow didn't feel all too spectacular?

It's like my mind has been turned off these past few days and has only now been switched on, the time I had waited being nothing.

Elliott moved around, throwing the knife roughly on a table, a clatter following as he joyfully clapped his hands,

"Hot damn! Whoo! See, I always knew we weren't the only ones . . . Y/N had made me doubt . . . but you . . . See, Eleanor thought my head wasn't screwed on tight, but . . . but it's all true, yeah?" Elliott began to ramble out profusely, moving his hands around as his eyes darted between Five and I.

Elliott, please . . .

"UFOs, crop circles . . ." I looked over to Five briefly, us sharing a look before we paid attention to Elliott once more. I fixed my posture, holding my hands,

"Well, the truth is out there." Five sarcastically smiled out, hand in his pocket as he advanced closer towards my figure.

"No, no, no, no, no. The . . . The truth, it's . . . right here in front of us." Five and I stepped back as Elliott paced towards us,

"Tell me, wh . . . " he paused for a moment, glancing towards me for a second,

"Why is always an anal probe?"

"Elliott!"

"Any closer, and I'll melt your brain." Five shone a smile as he spoke in between it, pulling me to his side as he slightly leaned towards Elliott.

"He needs a little space. Yes. I'll be over here." Elliott backed up, looking a tad excited over this situation.

"All those contraptions on the roof, you built those, right?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, sure did. Yeah, I've been tracking anomalies in . . . in the atmosphere. Just waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"For you." Elliott beckoned, gesturing towards Five. Five's brows slightly scrunched.

Elliott turned his head, looking at both Five and I,

"For all of you . . . " Five and I shared a glance, him stepping closer as he took hold of my hand.

"It all started in 1960, the year the Silvertone Omega was released.

I was in the middle of a sale when something very . . . strange happened.

I've witnessed for five energy surges in that alleyway out back. Same thing every time.

A bright blue light, then something appears."

"Did you get a good look at any of them?"

"Yeah, the first one. Y-Y/N, and then the big, sensitive one."

" 'Sensitive?' "

"Yeah, cried a lot, kept coming back to the alley, sat around for hours calling a woman's name. Uh . . ." Elliott trailed off, his eyes roaming over the floor before he quickly snapped his fingers with a grin,

"Allison!"

LUTHER.

"Luther." Five breathed out, glancing behind him to see a wall of blurry pictures taken from the alleyway. I watched him as my body turned with his.

"Yeah, he . . . he wasn't the only one. Uh, the others came too, off and on over the years, looking for each other. Eventually, they . . . they stopped.

I mean . . . Y/N didn't really come back, but my brother had taken her in so . . . I don't think she had the chance to--"

"Elliott! You're rambling nonsense again." I softly inquired, he blinked a few times before hastily nodding his head. I smiled kindly as he softly smiled back at me.

"I-I am, you're right, sorry."

". . . So, my family is alive. Shit." Five's eyes traced over the images, picking them apart as his head came closer to the arrangements.

"I think I stranded them here." Five spoke nonchalantly. I frowned slightly before he suddenly let go of my hand, turning his body as he took quick steps towards Elliott,

"Now listen to me . . . " Elliott stumbled back, tumbling upon his couch and over it as Five blinked away and in front of him again, causing Elliott to jerk his head backwards into his living room lamp.

What the fuck is Five doing?

"Elliott. Elliott. My name . . . My name's Elliott." he began to splutter out rapidly.

"Five!" I yelled out, my expression contorted to horror as I quickly walked up to the pair,

"Whatever, all right? We've got ten days to find them and save the world." he gestured between us, I only stared at the boy in response.

"Now. . . We need your help to do that."

I scoffed, crossing my arms as I slightly leaned back.

Now I'm finally important enough to become a "we" . . . ?

"We?"

"Yes! Fucking we, Y/N!"

"You need . . . my . . . You know what? I, uh . . ." Elliott started out, keeping his eyes intently on Five's as his hand reached behind him and into the drawer he'd shown me a few days prior.

"I've . . . shown these to her, I-- I always thought that this, uh, mugshot looked like arrival number four. Y/N had confirmed so too, I believe." he explained, holding the newspaper I had seen before with the shots of Diego.

I sighed at the sight as my arms fell back to my sides,

"Diego." Five hastily whispered, ripping the paper from the man's hands as he brought it to his face, examining the piece.

Five skimmed the paper, softly reading to himself. I felt a faint smile crawl on my lips, my mind overcoming a slight daze over his mannerisms.

"So then, that's helpful?" Elliott asked, pointing to the paper as he tried to catch his breath.

"You have no idea." Five intensely said, folding the paper.

The boy quickly grabbed my arm, earning a yelp from myself as he blinked us away. I gasped roughly at the odd yet familiar sensation.

GOD!

--

"I've already been here, they had said he wasn't in 'the right state of mind' for any visitors. Might be different now, though." I spoke out, imitating quotation marks at the appropriate moment. Five nodded, gripping my hand tighter.

We eventually halted in front of the counter, I stared at Five's figure as he instantly worked up his sarcastic smile, tapping the counter, the woman looked over.

"Yeah, hey, I'm here to see my brother. Diego Hargreeves." Five quickly spoke, no sign of patience emitting from the tone of his voice. The woman quirked a brow, glancing towards me.

She recognizes me . . . remembers . . . me?

What an odd day . . .

"Her father?" she pointed to me, I raised my brows in surprise as Five looked me over. He simply nodded.

"Yeah, may we?"

"Let me check if he's available, kid . . . "