୨୧┊FIFTY SEVEN :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

MEETING. AGAIN.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Five had left a few moments ago. He had walked into this room and exchanged a few words as he carefully shoved that horrid piece of plastic into the duffle bag he's been carrying. I couldn't help but bite back a smile as he forced her into that tight claustrophobic area.

I don't know where he's gone. He seemed sad but I knew he wouldn't answer my whim if I asked why.

I sat comfortably on his bed, a stack of unopened letters beside me as I peeled them open and read each one for one with care.

By now my face was contaminated with tear stains as I was letting myself go through every letter I read. I smiled.

I've read over 20 letters by now . . . I stopped counting.

Willis' daughter was born . . . what? 2014? She's five. Hah, five.

Bruce and his husband has no children, he and Kurt just simply aren't interested. Well that's alright.

Through the letters I've noticed and learned much, though it was all read out of order. I found one with my birth certificate, which I've weirdly never seen.

Turns out I wasn't their biological sister, I felt like a fraud.

Bruce was the one who sent me this, saying a woman in our family had spontaneously given birth one day but she was only fifteen at the time . . . she died shortly after due to complications. I inhaled softly, wiping my eyes as I stared up to the ceiling.

Her name . . . what was it . . . ?

Lilith.

Such a lovely name, too bad she had passed . . .

I lifted my head from the wall I laid on, swinging it harshly back as I banged my head on the wall a few times.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

God . . . you vulture.

I shook my head, kicking the letters off my lap as I pushed some away with my hands, hurriedly walking downstairs.

Would she proud? To see what the daughter that should've never been has become?

The picture Bruce had sent within the letter burned a mark into my mind, seeing her pearly white smile and her long dark hair that was swept over her shoulders.

Such a lovely girl. Her life gone because of . . . someone like me.

I'm a monster, aren't I?

So privileged yet so upset . . . and over what? Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

I stalled by the end of the staircase, holding my head as I closed my eyes tightly, taking in a shaky breath.

Suddenly I heard the front door slightly rattle, I gasped under my breath as I went to hide behind the staircase, hearing a person step inside the area I occupied with them.