I was quite ready for this until...

Alistair's POV

On hearing the knock on the door, I stiffened my position, especially after being aware of how wily Charles was. "What do I owe this pleasure, buddy?" a smirk plastered his face. His eyes twinkled suspiciously. I fake-smiled and welcomed him inside. He took long strides as he bridged the distance between us.

"Let's get things straight? Shall we?" I couldn't be all sugary with him because he knew subconsciously that I had no liking for him. He hesitatingly took a stride backward before taking a deep pause. He knew I knew, he just didn't know how much. Also, it wasn't really the time for me to be openly brusque.

I enjoyed his discomfort and continued "You look scared", I chuckled "Take it easy, man" I ambled towards him, enjoying the powerful situation I was in. I closed our proximity inching closer, close enough to whisper. "You're lucky I'm not like my father. But your luck seems to be ending soon as I am kind of following his steps" I pulled away pointed my fingers in a gun-like direction to his forehead "boom", I pouted and made my way back towards the bed.

He smiled reluctantly and took small strides. As much as I enjoyed playing the game, all I wanted to do was put an end to it. "I-uh, I want you to stay away from my sister. As much as you can. Also, lets put an end to this pretentious shit. Can we?" I shrugged keeping the ends yet open.

He was baffled. His curious eyes demanded answers. I continued, "You don't really care about Christine, do you? Minus all the money and ask yourself a question. Will you still be with her?"

"I really like her. I do. I don't know why are you holding such allegations against me. Look I'm sorry if Christine's exes were behind her because of your family wealth. Minus all the money and I'd still be with her. Plus, if we decide to part, it will be us making the decision. M U T U A L L Y. I get it that you care for her. But trust me she's in good hands."

Trust you

Good Hands

I smiled carelessly at his answer, "We shall discuss further on this once we're back. Now tidy yourself a bit. I'm taking you to an event as a friend. Pretend like one, okay?"

He nodded his head "Yeah, aren't we already friends", he knuckled on my top arm winking.

"Mmhmm", I smiled. "Are you seriously going to wear that?" I questioned making my way towards my wardrobe. He shrugged pouting. I removed one of my least favorite suit dresses and threw it in his direction. "I think it will look good on you. Come on, we only have five minutes, try it on."

He caught it real quick and rushed towards the restroom. I waited for him and closed my dressing mirror. The suit fit him perfectly. "Here", I handed him a comb with a hair styling gel. A fresh set of comb.

He hastily put my plan in motion by using the comb. I sighed peacefully calming the curves which took place on the corner of my lips. "Let's go"

As soon as we left, I texted William "aye-aye, collect the package from one of my home-helpers"

I sat on the front seat, next to the driver. Charles and Michael sat next to each other at the back. We reached the venue on time. I made my way toward the room which was allocated to me. Charles tried trailing me, but Michael somehow managed to stall him and get him seated in the audience. Within a while, Michael entered my room. "We're set"

"If you say so" I humbly replied.

"That man is a pain in the ass"

"What did he do?" I questioned

"Nothing only asked me some 100 questions back to back"

"Well, did you answer any?"

"Except for how do I like the weather, none" we laughed as we buckled ourselves up for the speech.