My world

Evelyn's POV

After Arnold left, I stood in front of my mom stiffly with a poker face. Today was one of the best days of my life. We weren't allowed to leave the building ever, Arnold somehow made it possible. I couldn't thank him enough, I didn't thank him or showed any assertive feelings towards him because I didn't want him to feel for me.

It wasn't possible for us to have a thing. It wasn't possible for us to be a "we". Rather than sex I couldn't help or satisfy him with anything. I decided to avoid him completely the next time he showed up.

Placing my hand on my head, I tried to pull mom away as she pushed me closer to her by taking support of my open hair. It pained, it pained so much. "Ow", I tried to control but the words escaped my lips naturally.

"I dare you, Evelyn, don't try acting extra smart with me", she slapped me tightly on my right cheek. I gasped in pain whilst rubbing that specific area.

I opened my mouth to speak but I was hesitant to so I decided to zip myself up. Her violent actions didn't stop, "Tried running away again, that's the reason you're so late ? ", she questioned, her face fuming red with anger.

"seriously mo-- ? ", I paused and then continued "Ma'am", the offense could be sensed in my tone.

I was prohibited to call her mom in front of anyone or in open. What a shame, right? I was so used to not calling her mom, she never acted like one. All that mattered to her was leadership, precisely dictatorship.

"I would never run away", I swallowed in fear, her hands possessed a belt. I knew what was it for, "Sorry for being late "

She caressed the belt and wrapped it around her stomach "You wouldn't dare, you know the consequences, right? "

"I do", I nodded and she left. I felt like a puppet here, every move of mine was recorded. Every action of mine was noticed, every activity analyzed. A tear flicked through my eyes as it traveled from my cheeks to my chin. I wiped it with the back of my hands and settled myself on the bed, in the common room.

Yeah, common room. We didn't have our individual rooms, all the beds of the girls were lined up. Everything was common here, the bathroom, the cupboard, and also the bed.

"Hey Evelyn, rumors about you having nightstands with that hot Richie is spreading like fire", Hannah took a seat next to me. Her dirty blonde hair tied in a ponytail, her curious green eyes glared at me.

I separated myself as our arms touched. She was a total bitch, she always had the urge to multiply a 5 letter sentence by 10. "Oh", I replied in a dim tone.

In a while, we were joined by Allie. She was Hannah's best friend so expect the same behavior from her side. "Did he spend a lot of dollars on you ", she moved her pointed nails throughout my face "Now I know why maybe I should dye my hair black"

"Me too ! ", Hannah exclaimed.

"Excuse me ", I distanced myself and made my way towards the restroom, I didn't really have the urge to use one. I just felt exhausted in their presence, I could feel them judging me because they never whispered, they always said things out loud.

I splashed the water on my face attempting to vanish away the scar along with the problems I faced here on daily basis. I had no friend, no acquaintance, and no guide. It was me, all by myself.

Now you may think, why didn't I attempt to run away. I did, not once, not twice but a lot many times. They always found me. I'm glad Sasha isn't here anymore, she was a 10-year-old girl who was brought here out of nowhere. That's yet a mystery.

I'm glad that I helped her move away from this place, I admitted her to an orphanage. She was safer there. They caught me mid-way after her admission, I wasn't given food for the rest of the week. This tale is about a year old, probably. I haven't left the building ever since until today but it proved out to have some serious consequence.