A new part of the Jigsaw

Alistair's Pov

"So, the plan is..." I wore the denim jacket on top of the white t-shirt and spiked my hair. "You," I paused and then continued "You've to keep my f-I mean... you've to keep Mr. Dickman busy. Keep him consumed, occupied. And till that time being, I'll sneak in his room and see if I can find any clues. Anything which can help us understand the picture clearly"

"I don't know if I can do that", she stepped back. She lacked confidence, so I knew that I just had to fill her with confidence and motivation.

I rested my hands on either side of her shoulders and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You know you can do it. You confronted him yesterday, and you can confront him today"

"Say what", she raised her brows, widened her eyes, and looked straight into my eyes.

"Yeah, you went straight in his direction and cursed him, well, actually you didn't curse him. You just kept on saying his last name on a repeat mode, like, Dick-man, Dick-man, and Dick-man. And, yeah, you even poked his chest", I chortled remembering everything about last night.

She pouted slightly in annoyance, pinched her nose like a grumpy kid, and replied "No way. I do remember some of it, just not everything very clearly. I shouldn't have drank that shit" she facepalmed. I separated her palms from her beautiful face and looked at her. I tried not to laugh or chuckle or smile because she looked embarrassed.

"The only way I can divert a man's attention is by seducing him", she looked down, like she was ashamed of who she actually was. I didn't tilt her chin up or consoled her. I just waited for her to break the silence, but she didn't. She was quiet for a long, long time.

Her words affected me on a large scale. She can't seduce my father. There's no way that she can do that. I mean, I've slept with her and there's no way in hell that she can do that, at least not with my father. I mean, what equation would that lead us upon. Come on Alistair. Think, think, and think. You've to think about something which doesn't involve sex or smut. "Oh, I have an idea" she tilted her chin up that instance and looked towards me. "You can apologize to him for your behavior", she listened carefully "It's the best you can do and I have complete faith in you"

"Really...?" a little smile took birth on her lips, and her eyes twinkled as she spoke. It felt like I was the lone person who has said those words to her.

"Yeah, I do" I gestured a thumbs up wishing her all the best.

"Okay then, it's a team"

"We'll wait for him to exit his room. You'll stalk him, and stop him in a place where he's far away from his room. I'll get inside the room as I already managed to grab the extra keys from the person who works here. As soon as you reach a point where you can't stop him, just call me, so I'll exit the room that very instant"

"Yeah, okay" I tightened my jacket and locked our room. She followed me closely. We pinched on the first floor in the elevator and hid behind the pillar. We waited for dad to leave his room so that we could carry on with the further plan. As soon as dad left the room, I and Evelyn separated our ways. I stood still in the place we were standing, and Evelyn started walking in my father's footsteps, aka she started following him.

As soon as they were quite distant, Evelyn turned around and mouthed all the best to me. I smiled and did the same. The moment they were completely out of my sight, I plunged into the room after unlocking the door. The room was quite tidy, which was one of the great qualities of my father that distinguished me from him.

I sprinted towards the bed, and first unfolded the sheets to check if it could help me with some clues. Yeah, Al, your dad isn't so kiddy. Search for bigger places. I rushed towards the topmost section of the bed and checked below the pillows. To my discontent, there was nothing there too. Think, Al, think.