Oh Hello, Mr. Dickman

Alistair's Pov

I was far away from them, and Evelyn was way really in close proximity with my father. She couldn't be stopped and neither was I in a position to confront my father. I didn't want to risk anything and I didn't want to answer the innumerable amount of questions at the same time. So, I decided to march carefully in front of them, so that no one notices me, but was taken aback when Evelyn started poking my father with her pointer finger on his chest.

Oh no. Damn it. I stepped closer to them, sat behind the table which was close to the exact location where dad and Evelyn were standing, and faced my dad's back. I hid my face through the menu card and observed them. I couldn't do anything about their correspondence and considering the fact that Evelyn was drunk, I was scared a bit more than most.

"Hi there Mr. Di---", she paused and started poking on my dad's chest again. My dad stepped back, so I instinctively covered my face with the menu card completely.

"Excuse me? I didn't recognize you, young lady? Have we met before?" my dad's statement was full of question marks. I couldn't see him, but I could count the stretch marks on his face. He always made sure to avoid interacting with ladies, because he was extra cautious about the controversies, which was the major reason why I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him with Evelyn's mom.

Evelyn grinned, showing all her teeth, and stepped closer to dad "But, I've met you before. I recognize you", she twitched her lips, and smiled again. Oh no, no, no. Please shut up Evelyn. Stop speaking, if only I was twin-telepathically connected with her.

"Mr. Dickman. Dick Dick Dick-man" was she calling out my father by our last name or was she cursing us indirectly? "Diiiiiiiiiiiickman", she continued "I mean, someone can curse you indirectly and you won't even realize it", she laughed hysterically whilst making fun of my father. "I like it though, Mr. Dick-Dick-Dickman"

"Excuse me, young lady. Not only you're disrespectful but also you lack manners. I wish your parents would've taught you the way to talk with adults", my father instinctively stopped her while she kept on repeating my surname. Oh, no, talk about first bad impressions.

"Oh. Wow. Manners, I wish---", she was about to say something. Maybe, something which could disclose her identity, which could make my father aware that she was the daughter of his accomplice, which was Rosaline aka Humpty Dumpty.

I had to do something, but whatever I had to do, it had to be real quick. I tried to accelerate the working capacity of my brain cells so as to think of a way to draw a dividing line between them, without them being aware of it. I, at once, picked my ass up from the seat and walked far away from them, far enough to keep my voice inaudible from my father's ears.

"Dad...?" I called him, and to my content, he picked up the phone at once. He halted Evelyn to speak any further and answered "Yes, son?"

"Daddy", I cried in pain. No, it wasn't any real pain. It was just an act, and also one of my core competencies. People, who know me, would be aware of it.

"Yes, son, for the second time"

"Ow. I met with a real bad accident. Oh, my God. I can't take it any longer. All I can see is blood on my legs and elbows. The road's quite vacant too. Can you be my ride, please? I-I'm losing consciousness, I guess. Da-dad", I stammered and hung the phone that very instinct, and refused to speak any further.

"Alistair. You're there? Can you hear me? Son....?" dad sounded worried. For a minute, I really felt bad for bringing up such an act, but, I had no other choice. If Evelyn would've opened her mouth, she would either alert my father about something he was hiding or would've created some trouble for herself.