What's your OCD

Alistair's Pov

I threw the key in my gate-keepers direction and signaled him to park my car. I sprinted inside my mansion. As soon I landed in the hallway, I halted for a while and gasped for air. My sister's room was on the first floor, so I rushed inside. I knocked on the door before turning the knob and dialing in the passcode to open it. Yeah, right, all of the doors of our house were electrically coded and the passcode was known by only the family members.

I was only hoping that Christine didn't share it with Charles. I slowly opened the door and sighed in relief when I saw Christine on her bed. However, I wasn't quite satisfied with the view that confronted my eyes. Christine was interlocked in Charles' arms as they peacefully slept. The lights were closed so they didn't notice an eavesdropper.

I marched towards my room and took a shower to drain off the stressful day. After a while, I checked on my father whilst making a phone call to my other. He was still unconscious so I decided to rest for a while. I checked my phone to expect a text from Evelyn but instead received one from Chloe.

How's your dad? Saw the news airing on television.

I reverted: He's doing fine. Thanks for the concern.

She instinctively replied: I might visit him. Only if you don't mind...?

Maybe, I locked my screen and tried closing my eyes.

A week later

Chloe hugged me as soon as her eyes locked to mine, in front of my family. She later hugged my mother and kissed my father's hand. My father was discharged and brought back home a day earlier. Chloe and her family made sure to check up on him by visiting him, even when I suggested Chloe not to. They were genuine.

Chace and Zack have been staying by my place ever since they were made aware of the fact that dad was unwell. I refrained from contacting Evelyn for a while. I avoided Chloe in front of Chace and Zack because I wasn't ready to tell them about our physical relationship yet. But I guess, today was the day.

"So, what's next?" Chloe's father asked my dad. "If you need help with anything, you must know that you have a friend here"

Friend...? My dad doesn't do friendship but thanks, Uncle.

"Thanks, really", dad gave an assuring smile as he comforted himself in his wheelchair. No, there was nothing wrong with his legs but he was advised to rest completely, so, as a precautionary measure, we got him a chair. My father was not a person who would stay completely on the bed.

Chloe decided to stay back for a while her family bid us goodbye. She joined us in our room. She shouldn't have. She really shouldn't have. I was tired of dodging. I was finally ready to confront the truth.

"So Chloe, how are you doing?" Zack questioned, his eyes fixed on Chloe's bust. She wore a white tank top along with denim.

"Sexier?" she smirked "I'm guessing that after tracing your eyeballs", she chuckled as she made Zack look in her eyes. Zack shrugged as he smirked not giving a fuck.

I checked my phone several times expecting a text message from Evelyn but was disappointed when I could find none. It had been a week and I was missing my leaf. I knew she must be busy but the thought of what would make her busy was disrupting my peace of mind. I gave her the option of quitting that life and running away with me but she didn't agree on it. I had to meet her, see her, touch her, and feel her. I yearned for her, for her smile, for her voice.

For good 3 hours, my friends along with Chloe occupied my room doing leisure activities. Chloe seemed to mix well along with Chace and Zack. Chace wasn't bothered by Chloe's presence which made her presence in the room acceptable. After an hour, Chace and I decided to leave and get some air. Chloe was fast asleep on my bed next to Zack. I walked through my father's room to check up on him and was delighted to see him cheerfully talk to my mother. His condition was improving and it was a good sign as even though he couldn't handle the political affairs, he could guide me through it.