An extension reducing tension

Alistair's Pov

I was alerted by a gentle stroke on my cheek. I half opened my eyes, only to find Evelyn towering over me. I smiled at the generosity of my sun on me. "Morning", she whispered slowly as she pulled herself back.

"With that view, it's definitely a good morning" I rose up and stretched myself before coming back to my senses again. Evelyn was nowhere in sight and was probably showering. I checked my phone and ignored all the notifications which popped continuously on my screen after turning the mobile data on.

I quickly texted Jane a message Will be there in an hour

I turned off my phone and quickly ordered breakfast for us. As soon as she was visible to my eyes again, I entered the washroom to freshen up. I washed my face, only wishing for Evelyn to join me in the shower.

As soon as I was done, I marched downstairs to collect breakfast. They do deliver it in our rooms but their tardiness in service made me want to grab it myself. I collected the omelets, loaves of bread, and orange juices which were neatly decorated on a tray.

After eating to our stomach's content, we checked out of the rooms, surrendered our keys, and made our way towards my car.

"Hey man", I encountered Jason who happened to be Chace's cousin. I wiped out the small droplets of water that formed on my forehead because once again my real identity was one name away to be exposed in front of Evelyn.

I hugged him "Hey, brother", I fake smiled. Jason had always been an ass to Chace. The only reason why he visited Huffers was that he wanted to acquire it, so he paid monthly visits to keep a check around, only to find if there was an error in the functioning of it. Jason was Chace's uncle's son.

"So, is she your new entertainer? The one to cure your manly desire", he glanced looking at Evelyn "you find a good cure to that long dick of yours and the best part is, the women themselves are sick for you. You don't need to hire sluts like the rest of us"

"Let's go, Evelyn. I held her hand and opened the car door for her. She, without arguing, sat inside, her face straight and calm. She seemed affected, who wouldn't be.

"Shut your filthy fucking mouth up", I wanted to punch him but I couldn't. I had too many strings attached at the moment. One, of course, was the matter would worsen.

"I apologize on his behalf", I broke the silence while I continued to drive. Evelyn just nodded and gave me an assuring smile. I, for a fact, knew that she was deeply hurt by his remarks.

As soon as we reached Evelyn's building, I opened the door for her to walk out. She mooched towards the gate, her head facing the ground. I held her back by pulling her with the help of her wrists. She locked her eyes with mine for a couple of seconds and then started looking towards the ground again.

I caressed her shoulders, stroked her cheek with my thumb, and side the strands of the hair which rested on her face behind her ears. With a bewildered expression, she arched her right brow and questioned: "What is it?"

I pulled her close, her side face resting on my chest. I fondled the back of her head with my left hand and ran my right hand against her back. "Do I not deserve a goodbye hug?"

"It's a farewell. Yes you do"

"I'm not leaving you. You don't need to take that dork's words seriously Leaf. Do you not trust me enough?"

"Were they not facts", she pulled herself back and murmured slowly.

"You are my fact, rest everything is fiction", I meant it.

She nodded unsatisfied with my answer. I knew that she wasn't in a state to understand my point so I decided to stay quiet for a while. We passed through the building and went towards the reception. Jane's face beamed when she saw me coming with Evelyn. She still felt overburdened with the amount of money she owed me, even though I made sure to clear it off.