Chaos

Alistair's POV

On spotting the original Arnold Clarkson, small droplets of sweat took birth on my forehead. I wiped them with the table's tissue. I was trying to make an impression in front of Evelyn, if she'd know about the fact that I lied to her about my very own name she'd address me as deceit.

I quickly stood upright and hugged Arnold tightly as I placed my palms on his chest hiding his name inscribed on the manager's tag. I pushed him back slowly away from our table as I kept my hands on his shoulder side-hugging him.

"What's up brother?" I patted his chest precisely the name tag.

"I'll be right back leaf. Wait for me", I dragged Arnold away from our table. Far enough to not be audible. He had an I-don't-know-what-you're-doing kind of expression. I completely ignored every single confusing look he gave to me as I dragged him out of the restaurant.

"Sorry brother, I thought you'd spill the beans out unknowingly", I apologized for my weird behavior.

"It's completely okay. You and your secret are safe with me. I owe you big time. Thank you", Arnold pulled me into a hug. This time it was real and genuine.

"Don't mention that", I hugged back.

Arnold always mentioned this whenever he met me. I didn't really prove to be a big help in the past. I offered him something which I had in excess i.e money. His mother was suffering from a rare lung disease, her treatment required a huge sum of money. I offered him the required amount and never asked it back, though he intended to repay me.

"My date is waiting", I winked as he smiled at me. I rushed in at once. Evelyn was busy having the food we ordered, she didn't really wait for me. I watched her scrunching the cheese-dipped nachos from aback . She didn't really care about the people around as she hardly twirled her eye-balls.

"I bet they're as tasty as yo--", I cut my word into half and prevented the 'you' from escaping my mouth, my bluntness was getting out of the way lately.

"Um, they look so delicious", I gulped a sip from the caramel frappe. She spoke less all the time, I had to instigate her into a topic in order to hear a voice.

On completing the brunch, she headed towards the washroom. I waited for her near my bike. Within moments she came, she looked fresh. My eyes traveled through her face, her body and of course the parts I shouldn't mention about. Her lips looked glossier than before, I knew that she may have coated them with the lip gloss.

Stop observing every minute detail of this woman, Alistair.

She at once enchanted my heart with a smile. I avoided at my best to not look at her as she may have definitely considered me very desperate by now. I didn't like to show-case myself that way but every nerve in my body which was indulged in the thinking department ceased to perform whenever I was with her.

"Ready?" I questioned as I placed the helmet on my head.

"'Ready", she sat behind me in the same position as before. Damn, catch me.

"Did you like it?" I questioned.

"Mmhmm", she nodded.

"Then you'll certainly love the other place I'm gonna take you to", I chuckled as I kept my attention on the road. Cold breezes encountered my face through my helmet, the weather was extremely great today. I pushed the brakes on reaching the place.

"Wow!" Evelyn's eyes lit up with happiness as she saw the cinemas.

Hasn't she ever been to one before? The idea to bring her to the cinemas was pure of Google's. On a recent survey on google, I read 12 things that made girls happy. I jotted down 3 of them, one included brunch and the other included theater.