A call for more trouble

Alistair's Pov

I wanted to claim her but it never was as easy as it seemed. "Please... stay"

"I will", I promised. Even though our bodies repelled, our minds were still together, our eyes still locked, her black against my brown. The feeling was not new but every time she was in close proximity with me, it felt different. It felt good.

"Hungry?" I interrupted the silence.

"Kinda", she squinted smiling. She looked cute, really cute.

We decided to order food in our room and save ourselves the trouble of going for the buffet. She decided her delicacies basis her relish and I just agreed to whatever suited her. We filled our stomachs as soon as the food arrived. We spoke to one another, our likes and dislikes, what annoyed us and what turned us on. We were leveling up, knowing one another. Except for the fact, that she yet didn't know me well but someday she would, I was assertive about it.

The evening passed with us gulping the Zafrani tea down our throats. I was yearning for these days ever since I had met Evelyn and I felt contented. My mind was at ease even when it wasn't.

The night passed with us in each other's arms. We spoke to one another and for once it felt like we were a normal couple. Oh wait, did I just say a couple?

It was 4 am in the morning, Evelyn's head rested on my chest and I had my hands around her. I felt a vibration on the table, next to my bed. I carefully placed Evelyn's head on the table and propelled my hand towards the table to reach out to my phone.

I was alarmed when I saw Jane's missed call. She wouldn't call if it wouldn't have been an emergency. "Yes, Jane..?" I called instinctively.

"I don't care where you are. Get Evelyn here as soon as possible. Evelyn's mother is here. She hasn't asked for her yet, but I'm afraid she will", she paused for a while and continued "anytime soon".

Even when I didn't want to wake Evelyn up, I had to. "Leaf, come on. Wake up", I shook her softly because she was sound asleep.

"It isn't morning yet", she squinted her eyes, looking towards the window.

"I know. I really do", I bent my body towards her and took the support of her arms to draw her from the lying position. She let her body loose so that I could. "Rosaline's back"

"She-what?" she was now awake, her eyes widened and she gasped. Saying she was shocked, would be an understatement.

"Let's go", I collected my keys from the table and exited the room. She matched my steps and was even faster than me.

"It's okay, don't worry", I consoled her as we both settled ourselves in my car. "Oh, Crap", on the sudden realization of something, I rushed towards the reception. Evelyn tried stopping me, but I had to go. It was really important. I had to take care of it.

I darted towards the car as fast as I could on my way back. Evelyn's face was plastered with bewilderment, "What could be more important? Is everything okay?" she let me drive the car "I can take a taxi if you've to be somewhere. I'll deal with it. Anyway it's my problem"

"How many times do I need to tell that you're my priority? I'm tired of saying it. I really am", I replied in a low tone.

"I didn't mean to"

"I know. It's okay"

I parked the car haphazardly somewhere close to the gate of the building when we finally reached. We hastened towards the entrance and stayed back for a while when we saw that all of the women there were gathered together. It wasn't a pleasing sight to behold. Their faces were filled with agitation, while their eyes were stuck on the floor. Who was this woman? A 21st-century dictator....? I had to put an end to her, to their agony.