Suspicious

Alistair's Pov

I scanned through the copies once again. Whoever tore it or had stolen it, was simply unaware of the fact that my father saved every little information in our company's private cloud, whose access was strictly restricted to him and me. I logged in using my private access as I switched the notifications off. I didn't want dad to find out that something was fishy so I restricted the notifications to myself. I tried comparing the data with the paperwork which was shattered on my bed.

I picked out a notepad and started circling the points which held weightage, which I had to ask my private investigator to throw more light on. Samuel Collins was indeed one smart dickhead. Every crime he did, including human trafficking to the trading of drugs, was neatly covered. No one could even point as much as their little finger towards him. I was going to expose him. I just had to figure out how.

Dad's words circled in the back of my mind. "No one knows about his son". I was always skeptical of who Charles was, and the fact that there could be a possibility of him being Samuel's son was on top of my mind. I unlocked my phone and called William. "Hey Big Man", I greeted him as soon as he picked up. William Forsman and his family have been my family's private investigators for years. We trusted them and confided in them in our private matters. He was referenced to us by my friend Aaron Reynolds.

"How's your dad now?" I could hear some concern.

"Doing better", I replied instinctively and continued "I need you to do a little digging"

"Shall I come over?" he questioned, however, he wasn't amazed. I could make that from his tone that he saw it coming.

"Dinner would be perfect. I'll ask mom to get your favorite meal prepared"

"Sounds like a plan", I collected all the papers and organized them basis the line of events to save mine and William's time. I placed all the papers in my locker and made sure to replace them with a new electronic code whilst locking it. I decided to call Zack and Chace as I rested my back on my bed. "First things first", I started speaking as soon as Zack picked up the phone, "Where's Chace?" I questioned as I continued.

"You sound serious", Zack ignored my question

"Because I am", I answered erasing any iota of his doubts relating to my current mood. "I need to know where Chloe was when I and Chace left the room"

"Making sure I was comfortable inside her"

"Stop it"

"She was asleep"

"How sure you are?"

"As sure as one can be", he chuckled and continued "my arms had a good breast massage. I can forget everything but that", I could hear him laugh, "No, but, jokes apart, she was asleep. I made sure to drop her home after she woke up. Everything okay..?"

"Where's Chace?"

"Now we are talking man to man" he paused "because your vagina couldn't do the talking, I had to"

"What the fuck do you mean?" I was fuming as I exactly knew where this conversation was going. I quickly pushed my feet in my shoes as I rushed outside the gate of my mansion. "Is he by Evelyn? I will fucking kill you, Zack. It was my call to make", I could hear him laughing on the other end of the phone.

"You should've made that call before passing your dick inside her", if I were anyway close to her, I would've punched his face and made sure it bled. "Fuck yourself", I canceled the call and drove as fast as I could. Chace wouldn't do it to me, but our gut is always isn't right, is it?

I tried calling Evelyn several times but was even more frustrated when there was no response. I mistakenly was about to run into a cow who was crossing the road, but then somehow managed to steer the wheel right. I sighed in relief and then reduced my speed. I, at once, reached the old building and threw myself out of the car.