Another lie

Alistair's Pov

I waved her goodbye and advised her to stay in the room and call me if any circumstances arrive. She nodded a 'yes', so I marched towards the hotel's office. I had to make some things clear, before actually leaving her alone. No, it wasn't regarding her safety, but, my safety. I had to protect the lie I began with. With every consequent day, the lie got deeper and more intense, ever since I discovered that my father was somewhere involved.

After reaching the office, I rested my elbows on the table after comforting my ass on the chair, clenched my fists, and placed my chin on it, like a boss. Wait, I was the boss. Customers are kings, right?

"I want you to cut down every channel which connects her to the real world. Cut down the Wi-Fi connection in her room. And, cut down your mouths for good", I raised some dollars in the air. He quickly grasped it from my hands, crumpled it, and pushed it in his pocket after examining that no one was present in that specific area, rather than us. "Maybe throw in some DVD's" I shrugged.

He came closer to me, as he pushed his chair in my direction. I was quite relieved when I realized that the table was in between us serving as a partition. I furrowed my brows, as I looked in his direction. He slowly murmured "You sure, someone from the 21st century can survive without those amenities. We not only use them as a luxury, but we also rely on them. It's a part of our lives"

"I didn't really sign up for a 100 dollar counseling program. Do as said", I sarcastically replied and continued "Plus, my girl can survive without those". Oh, wait. I just addressed Evelyn as 'my girl'.

"Okay Sir", he assured. I left the office and made my way towards my car. Today, when we switched the television on, a part of me got scared. Scared of being repulsively exposed, I wasn't ready to confront the truth of my life yet. The news channels always showed some sort of news regarding my family, at least once a day. I couldn't take chances and I also didn't want to.

I drove at my fullest speed to my house. I had to check-in and check out at appropriate timeslots, so that dad didn't get a proper gist of my wrongdoing. I sprinted towards my room, freshened up, changed into a yellow t-shirt after taking a shower. I paired my t-shirt with sky blue denim. I rushed to the breakfast table and checked the time on the wall clock. I was 3 minutes prior to the actual time. I sighed as the servant started plating my breakfast.

When mom looked at me, I gave her a small smile. I looked around, checked the time again, before inquiring anything about my father. When the clock hit 10'o clock, my curiosity reached no limits. "So, mom, where's Dad?" I interrogated as I drank tea.

"Your father is out of town. I don't exactly know where but he'll be home soon in the coming week", she took a bite of her bread.

Various thoughts traveled in my mind in that instance. Was it the truth that knocked straight on my mind's door or mere coincidence? Evelyn's mom was away for a week and so was my dad. Were they together? And by together I mean, sexually together? Was my dad cheating on my mom? Was the situation even worse than that? What if he hooks up with her mom, will that make Evelyn my step-sister? I knew that I was overthinking, but 'what ifs were coming up with new theories after every minute.

"Alistair"

"Alistair"

"Alistair", Christine shouted for the third time. I tilted my chin up attentively and turned my head towards her direction. "I'm sorry", I apologized.

"What's it?" I questioned.

"This week is ours. No one can take it away from us. Live your life brother and so will I", Mom threw daggers at her when she spoke but in the end, laughed. She was well aware of the dramatic lines me and Christine used to phrase our sentences when talking with each other.