Dad's gonna make him mad

Alistair's Pov

Without further questioning, I exited my room but first made sure that Charles and Christine were out of it too. What? It's not like I didn't trust my sister, it's just that my room had too much personal stuff. Plus, I didn't trust Charles yet, so....

As soon as I made my way towards dad's study room, I gathered all the courage I had to question him. When suddenly I reached that specific place, I, for a moment, considered taking a "u" turn as a preferable option. But, I didn't, I marched inside gathering all the manly courage which was left within me. No matter it took me long enough to man up, even longer than Miley Stewart took to reveal to the world that she's Hannah Montana.

"Can I?" I half opened the door. A pair of the spectacle was surfaced on dad's nose. When he saw me, he granted me access inside and closed the file.

Considering his nod as an answer, I walked slowly towards him. I made myself comfortable on the chair, as I sat in front of dad. I stiffened my back and saw straight.

"Look son", Oh, I was very sure that something serious was on its way.

"Where were you these past days?" he rested his elbows on the table and positioned his chin on top of his clenched knuckles.

"I....?" I re-questioned which I later realized was very stupid of me.

"I mean, I was out for a friend's birthday", I re-continued. "And then I met with a little accident. I mean, I did call you. Do you remember it?" I questioned him back to which he just nodded.

"Yeah, Chace and Zack came to your rescue before me. So, where was this friend's party?" he furrowed his brows, tightened his lips, and waited for me to answer his straight-yet-not-very-straight question.

"I-um" I stammered and then continued "It wasn't exactly a friend's party. It was a friend's girlfriend's party" I looked at him straight in his eyes, making my reply more confident "I think you're well aware of Aaron. He was the one who has a girlfriend, and his girlfriend had her birthday, and it was the very birthday I've been to", I truly knew that it was garbage which was being thrown out of my mouth in place of words.

"Yeah, I'm very well aware of it", dad smirked to which I widened my eyes because it was very obvious that he knew. Maybe I did try my best to hide away from him, and maybe I failed miserably.

"Oh! I don't remember sharing any such information with you" I tried playing dumb "Oh wait, were you invited to the party as well?" I arched my brows and filled my face with curiosity whilst looking towards dad.

"Who am I?" my dad rhetorically questioned. "Yeah, right, I'm your father", he replied himself when I stayed mute. "You did try your best to hide from me, but to be honest, you failed miserably. I did see you that night, and I also saw a woman along with you. Though, I couldn't see her face properly---" I sighed in relief "But I did see that you were accompanied by a woman", he kept his right hand on my shoulder and continued "I'm very well aware of the fact that you hang out with woman, then why lie to me, or hide away from me?"

I listened silently without interrupting him. For a moment, I decided to tell him the truth, but then I realized that he was the one who should be speaking the truth and not me. So, I decided to question him first, and if he answered me accurately then I'll do the same, and if lied then I'll continue with my lying tradition as well.

I took a deep breath and began with my interrogation. "So.... who was the woman you were with? Don't tell me you are cheating on mo----" I was about to add 'm' to complete my word but was interrupted by dad.

"Seriously, son..? Do you think that very low of me? I may have been there with a woman but she was no one to me other than some business delegate"

"Delegate huh?" I questioned again focusing on the keyword 'delegate'