Chapter 1

Arianna to the side.

I've been working as Mr Steele's personal assistant now for four years. I'd landed this amazing job straight out of college.
I loved doing my job; and sure it was hard and demanded a lot of my time, but was well worth it.

I also got to travel a lot working with Mr Steele, or John, as he'd told me to call him away from the office.
His wife Margaret also travelled with us and I really liked her, she was such a lovely woman.

I lived in my own two bedroom house that I'd inherited from my parents after their deaths six years ago.
After they'd died in a freak car accident when I was eighteen, I'd moved in here. I couldn't bear being in the family home afterwards. My older brother Marcus got left a large property in Miami that he now lives in, we both couldn't decide what to do with our family home in Seattle, so we just kept the staff there to keep it clean, and to take care of it for us.

I haven't been back there since, but Marcus and his wife Claire, and their son Daniel go there from time to time.

After getting this job immediately from college, I couldn't be happier. I'd come to terms with losing my parents, and even if I did still miss them, I finally felt like I could get on with my life.

Everything had finally fallen into place, and I couldn't be happier.