Chapter 22

Arriving home, Xavier gently wakes me and helps me into the house. Him and Mel bring the groceries into the kitchen and Carlos starts putting them away. Feeling hungry again, I grab a few raw carrots from the pack I'd  bought and munch away absent mindly rubbing my stomach.

Mel goes upstairs talking to someone on her phone, as Xavier goes out and sets up the grill for later.
After eating my carrots, I head up to Xavier's room and search around for a bikini to put on. Finding an old one in the drawers, I try it on and groan. My boobs have gotten bigger with being pregnant, and they were practically bursting from the seams in this -but I didn't have another one, and really wanted to go into the pool. Going to my case, I find a strap top to cover myself up with for now, and head back down to the garden.

Mel's already in the pool when I pass by wearing a bright pink bikini, I wave at her as she's still on the phone; a brave thing to do really, I'm completely clumsy and would drop it immediately.
Heading out to Xavier, I see him coaxing the grill to light and smile at the wonderful charcoal smell.

"Hey tesoro, you okay?" He asks, as I walk to him and wrap my arms around him.
Resting my head on his back, I nod and just hold onto him feeling content.
He chuckles, and turns around in my arms to hug me. Kissing my forehead, he pulls me closer and we stand holding each other in the sunshine.

Hearing a loud crash, I jump shocked, and we both swivel around to see the back of a reporter running away.

"Damn, they just don't give up do they?" I hear Mel ask annoyed from behind us and shake my head annoyed.

"Nope, they are certainly persistent. At least they didn't see much, huh?" I ask aloud.

Xavier kisses me again, before letting me go, turning to check on the grill.
Mel goes back into the pool room, and I follow after her determined to get in the water with her.
Slowly walking to the edge, and sitting on the tiles beside the pool, I scoot forwards and slip slowly into the water.
It's warm when I get in and I feel jb wake up and start kicking, making me laugh. This is the first time I've been in a pool, since he started kicking and moving around.

Leaning against the edge, I shut my eyes and relax. Hearing movement next to me, I peak an eye open, and see Xavier sat on the tiles beside my head, his jeans rolled up, dangling his bare feet in the pool beside me.

"Comfy, mio amore?" He asks me and I nod smiling.

My phone rings while I'm in the pool, and Xavier gets up and passes it to me. I eye it, and warily look at the water; like I said earlier, I'm really bad with dropping things.

Taking it reluctantly, I answer it seeing that it's Alexa.
I haven't spoken to her much lately, she'd been pisśed off at me after finding out I was pregnant through the media, rather than me telling her.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Aria, how are you? I saw the news yesterday, is it true?" She asks me.

"Yeah, it's true Alexa, why?" I ask tiredly.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know. So are you two back together now?" She asks me rudely and I frown at my phone.

"Yes, we are. Why are you asking again?" I ask starting to get annoyed with how she's talking to me.

"He's stupid then isn't he? I would have been a better choice for him. You aren't good enough,  Arianna. Did he tell you I visited him while you ran off? I tried to help him with his grief, but he was too caught up on you to do anything with me." She replies stunning me.

"How fûcking dare you?! You're supposed to be my friend, and you do this? Stay the fûck away from me and Xavier, you little slût." I scream down the phone at her.

I hear her laugh at me, and feel my temper rise.

Putting the phone down, i launch it at the wall in front of me, I turn to see Mel and Xavier watching me warily.
Looking at Xavier, I frown at him.

"Why didn't you tell me? God, I hate her so much right now. Is she still working as your PA?"

He nods, almost reluctantly and I scream loudly making them both jump, shocked.

Getting out of the pool and going into the house, I go up to our room, and lay down trying to calm myself not caring that I'm wetting everything.

Xavier comes in soon after and sits beside me cautiously.

"I'm sorry cara, I didn't want to upset you. She's only still working as my PA because I haven't got a plausible reason to fire her, and she knows it. As soon as she fûcks up, I'll send her out on her arsê faster than she can blink, I promise." He says gently.

I nod at him and close my eyes, still feeling upset. She's been my best friend for five years, I trusted her like family, and had done loads for her. Now she's dead to me, I don't need jealous people like that in my life.

Xavier lays down next to me for a little while, before the smell of grilled meat fills my nose, making my stomach growl loudly.

Xavier chuckles and helps me off the bed.

"Come on tesoro, let's feed our jelly bean," He laughs and pulls me out the door, and down the stairs to where the smells coming from.
When we get outside we see Carlos grilling the food, wearing an explicit apron that makes me giggle.

Mel's sat on the large wooden table, and to my surprise Andre, Amanda and Xander are sat with her, too.

I look at Xavier who's eyeing Xander angrily, and lean over kissing him, turning his attention back to me.
He grabs my hand, and leads me to an empty chair beside Amanda.

Amanda and Andre both get up and hug me tightly before I sit down, making me smile.

"Wow, Aria look at your bump!? It's so big now," Andre calls out excitedly, making me glare at him in annoyance, much to everyone's amusement.

"Shut up Andre, or you'll be sleeping with one eye open for the rest of your stay here." Xavier tells him as I grin evily at him to back that point up.

He nods, looking kind of scared and leaves me alone.
Carlos comes over carrying a large plate of food, Mel's already done the salad, and the veggies have already been cooked to perfection.

We all grab some food, and Carlos turns to head back into the house when I stop him, grabbing his wrist.

"Stay Carlos, please? You're family too now, so sit and eat with us?" I tell him firmly.

He looks at me shocked for a minute, before smiling softly at me, and sitting beside Xavier who's smiling widely at me.
We spend the rest of the day eating and laughing, just having fun and getting to know each other better.

At around 9 p.m I start to feel tired, excusing myself, I head up to our room and go take a bath.

Getting out, I change into some pj's I'd brought in here with me.
Going back into our room, I climb into bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillows.

Vote and Comment :) Becki xx