Chapter 34

The next 8 weeks pass by quickly and it's confirmed, that I am in fact pregnant again. We saw a Doctor yesterday, and I'm around 9 weeks already. The morning sickness this time is so much more severe, I've been hospitalised i got so dehydrated because of it.  My Doctor finally prescribed me some pills to take yesterday, and they'd thankfully started working immediately.

Xavier had been excited about the baby until he saw how ill it was making me this time, now he just feels guilty. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Angelo surprised us all by crawling already, and he's only eight months old. He's such a clever little boy, and he makes us both so proud everyday. 

He's a real Momma's boy and loves being at work with me, I get to spend quality time with him when I'm not rushed off my feet, and he has his own special play area that Xaier set up for him. It's a huge play pen, and has a lock so I can secure him in it without worrying he'll crawl off.

I'm enjoying working for Xavier again, and love doing the job. Xavier let's me do a lot of it from our home study, making it easier for me to care for Angelo.

We were happier than ever, he was such a sweetheart and always helping me out while at home. Our newlywed faze was still going strong, and when we had the chance we were still at it like rabbits, not able to get enough of each other.

Mel and Brad are still going strong too, and I'm so happy for her. She brought him home to meet Xavier, and even he had been pleased by Brad. They actually were a lot alike and got on great; much to Mel's annoyance when they wanted to watch the game on TV together.

They were talking about moving in together, but Mel seemed unsure just yet. I'd assured her she'd always have a home here, no matter where she moves to.

Andre and Amanda had stuck around too. They both moved into my old house that I still own, they had tried giving me rent money, but I'd turned them down flat. They were family, and it saved my house getting neglected, and unused without me there.

Claire found out she's having another boy, she still hasn't heard from Marcus; the good for nothing prîck has dissapeared. I'd asked Xavier for help tracking him down, and he'd hired a PI to trace him with no luck.

I'd been sending her all Angelo's old baby clothes I don't need just yet; plus I had a inkling that this baby was a girl.

We kept in touch regular now, and I talked to Daniel on weekends where he tells me all about his week at school. I loved having them being a big part of our family again.

Xander hasn't been around much lately, but it's been in the papers that he's met a nice girl, and has been staying out of trouble. I hope it lasts, and that she's good for him. I still don't want him around me that much after what happened.

After another long day at the office, I left Xavier still working hard at his desk, trying to sort out a mistake one of his clients had caused again. I knew he was busy, so didn't stop on my way to the car he'd bought me, for driving Angelo around.

A shiny black SUV is my main car now, and I didn't mind so much. It will come in handy when Angelo finally starts school.

Entering the parking garage, I waved to the guard on duty as I went past, earning a smile and a head bob in acknowledgment.

Unlocking the car, and putting a sleeping Angelo into his car seat. I make sure he's properly strapped in and shut the door.

Before I can react, someone has grabbed me by the hair roughly, and shoved me against the side of the car.  I scream loudly, shocked. And i try my best to protect my stomach against the hard metal as much as I can manage.