Chapter 26

The next three moths pass by too quickly. Angelo is getting so big now, and he's such a happy, smiley baby.
He's absolutely spoilt to death with all the attention he's been getting.

Mel and Amanda dote on him, and they're both forever buying him new toys.

Xavier's the same too, if he has to go away for work anywhere, he always comes home with something for Angelo.

Mine, and Xavier's relationship has gone back to the way it was before and we are stronger than ever.

We'd been warned that having a baby put a lot of stress on couples, and that they break up a lot in the first few months. Thankfully we didn't seem to have that problem; or maybe it's because we have a lot of people around us that are willing to help us out.

Jade, and Alexa tried causing shît the day after Angelo was born, accusing Xavier of cheating on me again. According to Alexa, he'd spent all that night fûcking her in her hotel room.

So I'd wiped the smug smile straight off her face, when me and Xavier issued a press release, informing everyone I'd gone into labour that night, and that Xavier had been beside me when our son entered the world. The media went wild with questions about Angelo, and through that interview alone, we started receiving donations for Angelo.

I found this incredibly weird. Xavier's a millionaire, and yet people are sending us things as if we can't afford it.

Much to Xavier's approval, I'd donated most of it to the local hospital, and women's shelters in the area. The only thing I kept for Xavier were the toys he'd become attached to, and a few items of clothing I liked.

I'd started back working, when Angelo was five weeks old. Xavier was in desperate need of a PA after firing the slût, so I took over the roll, quickly getting back into it after being away so long from the job I loved doing.

Xavier didn't want me to do it, until I'd threatened to go apply at other companies instead. I worried about leaving Angelo with Mel or Amanda; who'd come to stay after the birth, and hadn't gone back home yet; not that we minded.

So Xavier had arranged for a nursery to be set up, adjacent to my office, and I brought Angelo to work three, out of five of the days I worked at the office. If Xavier needed anything over the weekend, I just did it from his study at home.

We hadn't heard anything from Alexa, or Jade for weeks now, since they got caught out lying last time. I was wary about it, but Xavier keeps telling me not to worry, but I do anyway.

Today I'm at the office, and there was an important meeting scheduled in less than an hour, I'd already sorted everything that Xavier needs, and the conference room had some refreshments and snacks, that I'd picked up from the store on the way here this morning.

I'd left Angelo at home this morning too, knowing I'd be rushed off my feet with everything else.

At 9.45, I knocked on Xavier's door, and informed him he needed to get his butt down to the conference room to meet his clients.

He complied quickly, and while the meeting was going on, I spent my time filing important paperwork away into the right places.

At lunch time, the meeting was still going strong, so calling the local subway we used regularly, and ordered a large sandwich platter, with thirty coffees, and once they delivered it, I had them set it all up at the large table across from the conference room.

Going over to where Xavier and the rest of them were, I took a deep breath, before interrupting.

"Xavier? Can I borrow you for a minute?" I ask him quickly.