Chapter 8

Mel and Xavier to the side ☺

The next few days were very quiet, I didn't hear anything about the job applications I'd applied for, and felt more and more depressed.
It was now Saturday, and I decided to stop moping around and go out.

Changing into some skinny jeans, I put on a pair of leather boots and a purple long sleeved top. Brushing my hair out, I leave it down and grab my leather jacket, leaving off the makeup.

Getting into my car I decide to go do some shopping; I was bored and needed a few things anyway.
After I'd shopped for a few hours, I got back into my car and drove to a nice little bistro along the river.

After being lead to an empty table, I ordered a Coke and waited for her to return with it. Scanning the menu I decided on a steak with fries; screw eating salad, I wasn't a rabbit.

"Can I take your order, miss?" The waitress asks as she places my Coke down.

"Yeah, can I get the steak, medium rare with chunky chips please, and a side order of steamed vegetables, too?" I ask her politely.

Her eyes widen slightly, but she nods and goes to hand in my order.

Why do people think me eating loads is a bad thing? Sure I'm in pretty good shape, but that's just good genes. Plus I don't always eat crappie either.

My meal arrives shortly after, and I'm nearly finished, when I hear someone call my name.
Turning around I spot the man who'd given me a lift home. Waving slightly at him and the pretty lady he's with, I watch as he makes his way over.

"Hello cara, fancy seeing you here. Mel this is Arianna Stewart, Arianna this is my sister, Melinda." he replies introducing us.

"Hi, its nice to meet you Melinda." I reply nervous.

"Hi, you work for Steele industries, don't you?" She asked excitedly. "I saw you on the front pages, you saved John's life?!"

"Uhm, yeah I saved John's life that day. Uh, I no longer work there though, I got fired." I reply quickly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she replies, flushing red.

"That's fine, I'll manage anyway. So do you have a table booked, or something?" I ask them.

"No, I was hoping it wouldn't be so busy today, my mistake I guess. See you around, Arianna." He replies, and turns to leave.

"You can join me, if you'd like? I'm alone, so there's plenty of room?" I offer them.

He turns and smiles widely at me, making my heart stutter.

"Thank you cara, we'd really appreciate it." He tells me smiling brightly.

They both take a seat, and I motion for the waitress to come over to take their order. I'm shocked when they both order what I'm eating, and are served quickly.

"So Arianna, how do you and Xavier know each other?" She asks me and I blush, much to Xavier's amusement.

"You okay?" She asks concerned.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Well, we met through Alexander, at a club last week." I reply honestly.

"You weren't one of his hook ups, where you?" She demands suddenly angry.

I choke on air and gape at her, while Xavier busts out laughing.

"No! Why would you think that?" I ask, offended slightly.

She flushes, and smiles sheepishly at me.

"Sorry. He's just never introduced me to a woman he knows before." She replies, shrugging at me.

"Well we don't really know each other that much," I grumble annoyed. "Until you told me his name, I didn't know who he was, so thanks for introducing him, Melinda." I say, sending a scowl Xavier's way.

He's sat watching us both, with a weird smirk on his face.

"You're awful, Xavier," she scolds him. "So you met at the club, and then what?" She prompts.

"I drove her home after she got into an argument with Alex, she was too drunk to drive herself, so I offered." He says nonchalantly.

"Okay then." Melinda replies smiling.

"So Arianna what have you been up to today?" She asks.

"Just some shopping earlier. I have no plans later, so probably just watch Netflix and eat junk." I say unfazed.

She blinks at me like a deer in headlights.

"Wow, I can't believe you just admitted that." She replies laughing.

"What, why? It's true." I say shrugging.

"I like you Arianna, you're different from the other girls," she tells me happily. "Can I maybe join you later? I'm new in town, and don't know anyone yet." She asks me, sounding hopeful.

"Uhm sure, if you want to, then I'd love company. Do you want the address, or do you still remember mine?" I ask Xavier.

"I remember," He says, grinning at something.

"Okay then, come over whenever. I'm going home after here, so any times fine."

She nods, and we both order dessert, much to Xavier's amusement.
I get brownies and ice cream, while Melinda gets a banana split, and  we both end up sharing with each other.
It's weird, but it feels like we've been friends for years, not just an hour.

After paying, we say our goodbyes, and after swapping numbers with Melinda, I drive home feeling happy.

Maybe my life was starting to look up again!