Chapter 17

The next six weeks passed in a blur. I'd changed Doctor's to our old family Doctor here in Seattle, and she'd been keeping an eye on me and my jelly bean closely.

Xavier hasn't given up trying to contact me since I left. Mel rings everyday too, but I'm too hurt to answer them. I did however, send Mel an email, letting her know that me, and jelly bean are both fine and safe.

Mia and Mac have been a constant support to me, and I couldn't thank them enough.
I was still deeply hurt over what Xavier had done, and vowed to never trust him like I had before, ever again.
I planned on moving back to New York next month, before it got too risky for me to fly. I wanted to be back where I was familiar, and in my own home.

I wasn't sure what to do with the Xavier situation. I was carrying his baby, and I'm pretty sure he still wants to be involved with his, or her's upbringing. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to him, I couldn't describe the pain I'm in if I tried.

There had been rumours for the last two weeks that Xavier has been seeing Jade - the brunette he cheated on me with, but no concrete proof of it - it made me sick just thinking about it.
There had been a lot of speculation after my quick departure from Xavier's life, and somehow the press had got wind, that I might be carrying his child.
It became extremely hard to leave the house, because I didn't want Xavier finding out where I'd been hiding.
I'd literally been stuck in my house for the last four weeks, and was starting to get a real case of cabin fever.

I'm due an appointment at the Doctor's today, to have a check up and to find out the sex of jelly bean, and I'm so excited over it. Mia is coming with me for support, and I feel sad that Mel and Xavier aren't here with me, but he caused this, so I don't feel too guilty.

Mac drives us out of my estate in a black BMW. I'm wearing black slacks, a purple blouse. I have my long blonde hair tied up, and I'm wearing sunglasses, hoping that no one will notice me.

My bump is pretty big now, I'm nearing the end of my 16th week, and have already felt jelly bean's first movements.
I'd had to send Mia out to buy me maternity wear after my 13th week, because my clothes didn't fit me anymore, I'd taken to borrowing some of Mac's old sweat pants, while she went shopping and got me what I needed.

Arriving at the hospital, Mac dropped us outside the entrance, and we quickly made our way inside to the maternity wing.
Signing myself in, we went to sit and wait for my name to be called out.
It didn't take too long, and soon were lead into an examination room.

Dr Smith is sat smiling widely at me, as I enter the room.

"Ah Arianna, it's good to see you again, dear. Lay down on the bed for me, please?" She asks me kindly.

I do as she asked, and Mia takes a seat beside me.
I hand my notes from my bag to Doctor Smith, and she quickly scans them, then types my details into the computer.

"Okay Arianna, we're going to do another ultrasound today, to check how your baby's growing. Do you want to know the sex?" She asks.

"Yes please, I'd love to know what jb is."

She nods and grabs some gel, putting some onto my stomach. Taking the wand she moves it around my stomach, and I stare at the screen fascinated.

There's jb, just a lot bigger this time. I can see it moving around, and it's weird to see exactly what part of my baby's kicking me on the screen.

The Doctor moves the scanner around a lot, and the silence starts making me edgey.

"Right Arianna, your baby is perfectly healthy. All the measurements are very good, and it's obviously very active from what I can see. Now it looks like your having a baby boy, from what I can tell, anyway. Congratulations Arianna, on such a healthy baby." Doctor Smith replies, smiling happily at me.