Chapter 3

Arriving at the hospital Margaret and her son met us by the main doors, and we watched helplessly as he's quickly wheeled off.
A Doctor stopped and informed us they where taking him straight into surgery, and led us to a private waiting room.  Margaret immediately collapsed sobbing, and I held her as she fell to pieces.

Her son was staring at me weirdly, and I just turned and ignored him, he left soon after talking on the phone; and I sincerely hoped he was informing the rest of the family, Margaret needed all the support she could get right now.

It was an extremely long and tiring day, Margaret finally fell to sleep after sobbing her heart out. Her son; who still hadn't introduced himself, sat working away on his laptop.
I felt awful. I wasn't sure why, but I started feeling really weak and tired.
After another hour of no news the door slammed open, waking Margaret, and two men and a woman came storming in.

Seeing me they all froze, and then glared at me. What the hell had I done to receive such looks?

"Why the hell is she here? She's not family. Leave!" One of the men who entered shouted loudly at me.

Before I could get up, the door reopened and the Doctor came inside smiling.

"Family of Mr Steele?" He asked tiredly.

Margaret nodded, and he smiled gently at her.

"He's going to be okay don't worry," He assures her." He was touch and go when he came in, but the surgery sorted that. He's actually awake and asking for his family. If he hadn't of got here so soon, he would have died, he was extremely lucky. The paramedic informed me that Mr Steele's assistant's quick thinking performing CPR saved his life. Well done Miss." He says smiling at me.

I nod weakly at him in response, and he frowns at me.
Moving closer to me, he grabs my wrist and seems to be taking my pulse, I watch him feeling too numb to move.

"Miss? Miss are you okay? Shit she's in shock, someone grab a crash cart!" I hear him scream.

I'm soon lifted and moved, and groan in response to my head moving.

"Where's all this blood from? No one informed us she was hurt, too!" I heard him demand angrily.

I see the worried faces of the Doctor, and Margaret before everything goes black.