Chapter 4

The next thing I'm aware of is a pounding in my head, and that I'm laid on an uncomfortable bed with the lights blinding me.
Trying to sit up, I slump back weakly? I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. Groaning, I slowly attempt again to sit up and look around.

Crap I'm in hospital; stupidly pointing out the obvious.

Checking myself over I realise I have an i.v, and grimace at the sight; I hate needles. I also painfully realise I have a catheter too, and get up slowly towards the bathroom.

After removing it, along with the I.v, I stare at myself in the mirror and gape. I look awful!

Making my way slowly back into my room, I search for the clothes I came in wearing, and grumble not finding them. I do however find some sweat pants in a small bag of clothes that someone had brought me from my house.
Seeing that they'd been kind enough to bring toiletries too, I get up and leave the room in search for a shower; I'd definitely feel better after I got clean.

Finding one quickly, and not passing anyone as I left, I lock the door behind me and get cleaned up. I can feel the throb of stitches on the back of my head, and decide to leave my hair alone for now. Tying it up loosely with a bobble I find, I strip and get into the shower.

Once I'm satisfied I'm clean enough, I get out and dressed.
Thankfully whoever got me the clothes brought underwear, too. Dressing in the sweats, tank top and my converse -that I haven't worn in years. I make my way slowly back to my room.

Entering I stumble upon chaos. The Doctor and nurse are both arguing loudly, Margaret is crying, and her son is sat there just watching everything.

"Uhm? Hello, what are you doing?" I shout annoyed, then wince as my head hurt. "Can you all shut up? My heads pounding right now."

They all turn to me and freeze. The doctor comes rushing to me and grabs me, leading me back to bed.

"Miss Stewart get back into bed. You aren't well enough to be up and about. You scared us all, we thought you'd left." He scolds me angrily.

"I feel fine apart from the headache. I can manage that with pain pills, I just wanted a shower. Didn't anyone think to try and find me in the bathrooms around my room?" I ask exasperated.

They all just stare at me, and I groan and sit myself onto the bed.
The nurse immediately comes to me and checks my temperature and blood pressure, she smiles at me, and informs the Doctor that they are normal.

"Don't like needles, huh?" She asks me quietly.

I shudder and shake my head, and she shakes hers back at me clearly annoyed.

"Miss Stewart, the pain in your head on a scale of one to ten, how much does it hurt?" He asks serious.

"Around six, like I said I'll be fine after a few pain pills," I reply annoyed. "I've had plenty of headaches before."

"Miss Stewart, you've been unconcious for five days now, you aren't fine, and this isn't just a normal headache." He replies obviously exasperated with me.

"Wow five days, that's a record for me I suppose," I reply honestly. "Anyway no more about that, when can I leave?"

He shakes his head, and leans over me parting my hair to check my stitches.

"Tomorrow. I'm hoping you didn't get your stitches wet when you showered?" He asks.

"Nope, all dry." I reply amused at how easy it is to annoy him.

"Good, I'll leave you with Nurse Jenkins. Stay in bed and rest, you can leave after our rounds in the morning? Okay?" He asks firmly.