3. Priorities Of Life.

***Mayra's POV.***

"Hi." I say when I get in front of him.

"Hi." He says with a smile.

"I hope I didn't make you wait for long." I say.

"No, you didn't. I came just two minutes ago." He says and I nod. "So, shall we go in?"

"Ya, sure." I say and he nods.

This is awkward. Normally when Arya is around, I don't feel so nervous talking to him, but now that we are alone, it is like I am in Maths class again and my teacher would look at me with stinky eyes for another wrong answer. I am not saying Shaurya looks like my Maths teacher who was a woman, but he is like that subject for sure. So... complicated.

"So, you wanted to talk with me?" Shaurya says and I come out with my thoughts and nod. "What exactly do you want to talk about?"

We walk beside an antique painting, and I stop to see it. My hands itch to take a photo. This one is a new collection because I didn't see it here before. The description caught my attention. I was right, this is new. I look up at Shaurya, who is patiently waiting for my answer.

"Oh, I am sorry. I was just looking at the painting." I say.

"It is new here, isn't it?" He asks.

"Yes." I say, "Do you have any interest in art?"

"Hmm... I was roped into business from a very young age. But I had some hobbies." He says.

"What were they?" I ask, curious.

"Aside from basketball because of my height. I took baking classes." He says, and I am surprised because I didn't know that.

"You bake?" I ask.

"Yes. And also paint a little. But I am good at sketching." He says.

"You are. What about music?" I ask and cross my fingers in the back.

"I like pop songs and sometimes rock too, if my mood is bad. That is a good way to get out of that zone." He says and I chuckle as I think that, too.

"Do you know how to play any instruments?" I ask.

"Well, at a very young age, Mom wanted each of her sons to learn to play any one instrument, as Dad was very good at playing tabla. Reyansh learned only one, and I did two, but Parth is going after every instrument in this world." He says.

"But what instrument do you play?" I ask and he looks anywhere but at me, "Tell me. What is so embarrassing about that?"

"Maybe some other time. You say, what type of music do you like?" He asks.

"Can't say that. But I can tell what instrument I can play. I am actually learning the violin." I say, and he looks impressed.

"That's great. So you didn't answer my previous question?" He asks as we come out into the garden.

"Well, I just wanted to know you a little better. I know the first meeting is never enough to know someone deeply. But it is enough to know what kind of person one is." I say and he nods.

"I also wanted to meet you and talk to you before you make any decision." He says and gestures for me to take the seat on the bench.

"So, do you want to marry me?" I ask.

"Depends." He says.

"Depends on what?" I ask.

"Depends on you. Mayra. I am at that stage of life where I have to think about my son's welfare first, then mine. Veer loves you, no doubt about it, and I would be happy if he gets what he deserves the most. A mother. But for that I don't want you to throw away your life. I mean, along with a wife you would become a mother. And I don't want your life to get surrounded just by all this and forget your actual goals in life." He says, and I listen to his reasons carefully.