24. Unwanted Visitors.

***Mayra's POV.***

"Stop it." I say and kiss Shaurya.

"You should stop it." He says and kisses me again.

"Stob it." Veer says and I push Shaurya away as he comes into the kitchen with his balloon.

"Veer." Shaurya says as he rubs his back and picks up Veer.

"I will take dinner out." I say as I bite my lip to stop the giggle.

Shaurya glares at me, and I can't hold it back and end up laughing.

"Stob it, Mumma." Veer says.

"Hear your son, Mayra. Stop it." He says.

"Fine. I will stop it for two days then. Is that good?" I ask as I put a hand on my hip.

"We are not talking about that." He says.

"Yes, we are." I say and turn around to heat up the dal.

Shaurya groans, and Veer copies him, and a giggle slips from my lips again. A knock comes to the door and Shaurya goes to open it.

"Sorry, but do you have dal, rice, roti, sabzi, and something sweet? My husband is very lazy and so am I." Anu says, with Kush in tow.

"That was my line." Kush says.

"Come in, already." I yell out.

"Let me help." Anu says and rushes into the kitchen to take out dinner.

Anu and Kush came here two days ago. Rajjo agreed to make lunch and dinner for them, but breakfast was not possible. So Anu and Kush share all the meals with us except for dinner. But they are still settling down so they have dinner with us for now.

"Hmm... Mayra, this sabzi is exceptional. You are so selfish to learn to cook now for your family. Where did this idea go when I asked you to learn to cook for us?" Anu says.

"She knew you would make her your private chef. That is why she skipped it." He says and gets a glare from Anu.

"More." Veer says for some roti.

"Here. My Veer wants to grow strong so fast, huh?" I ask and make small bites of roti and put it on his plate.

He picks it with his small chubby fingers and dips it in dal that I specially made for him mild but nutritious. We started feeding him solid food and so far we have seen positive results. We talk and laugh as we have dinner. Later, after Anu and Kush leave, I ask Shaurya to take Veer out for a walk so it would help him digest the food while I clean up the kitchen.

I am done in fifteen minutes. So I cleaned up the room and picked up Veer's toys to keep in his room. I go upstairs to his room and check on my painting, which is coming along just fine. I check his room's windows twice, then see if his monitor works well.

Recently I am getting a little paranoid. But these feelings help me take extra precautions for Veer's safety. I haven't told Shaurya about Priya's call, nor have I told him that for the past few days, I am getting this weird feeling that something is about to happen. But I didn't do it because it is just my concern making me feel like that. I close Veer's room door and hear them entering the house.

"What about I buy you more balloons tomorrow? Would that do?" Shaurya asks and I come down to see Veer's tear stained cheek.

"What happened?" I ask, and Veer throws his arms around me.

"Nothing. A little girl asked Veer to give him his balloon." He says.

"Did she burst it?" I ask as I rub his back and kiss the side of his neck.