23. Awkward To Bold.

***Mayra's POV.***

"It happened." I say.

"I think you said that fifth time and I have yet to know what happened. What is it, Mimi?" Anu says.

"We kissed by accident." I say and look around to see if no one is hearing me say it.

"Finally. So did you do that too?" She asks, and I get confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"That means you didn't. Do it already, Mimi. I am dying to talk about kissing stuff for eight years and that major stuff for the past two years. I am the only best friend who can't tell her BFF about so many things." She says and I realize what she is talking about and slap my head.

"Idiot, even if we can, I really don't want to know the details about what happened between my best friends. Damn, that would be embarrassing, and I would end up beating Kush. It is too weird." I say.

"Like it is not weird kissing with your son not far off." She scoffs.

"Have one child and I will ask you the same question. I will make your life hell." I say.

"No need to be so petty. Fine, so what if you kissed him accidentally? Kiss him again and again and again." She says and as many times as she says again, my cheeks get redder and redder.

"Why would I do that?" I ask.

"Look, you didn't call me for advice. You just wanted to share this with someone and wanted someone to tell you that you have a licence to kiss for a month now. Mimi, I know Shaurya is a very shy person and I still can't believe he has a son. Maybe he was very drunk or his ex-wife put a gun to his head. But that means you have to take initiatives. Those days are gone when girls have to wait for boys to make a move and feel oppressed. Nowadays, girls make a move and rule the relationship. Think about my earlier advice. What did I say?" She asks.

"To kiss him again and again and again..." I whisper.

"Yes. Do you know how miserable I felt in my first kiss? It is stupid to expect your first kiss would be good. But that doesn't mean you should give up on your man. Kush and I tried a lot and now we love our kisses and also it helped us get over our self-consciousness. Now kissing comes to us as easy as breathing. We once almost kissed in front of our in-laws. But that was damn funny." She says as she laughs.

"You are regressing." I say.

"What I mean to say in simple words is kiss him, kiss him a lot, so this awkwardness goes away. Be bold. I know my Mimi can overcome any challenge. I will give you further lessons after two days when we go for shopping. Now I gotta go. I have some babies to treat. Bye. Love you." She says and hangs up.

"Stupid, Anu. But she isn't wrong." I say.

"Mayra!" Shaurya yells out and waves me to come.

I nod and gesture one minute and pick up our order. Shaurya and I were very much surprised when our lips touched earlier. But then we diverted our attention back to Veer and acted like nothing happened. But I know we both are dealing with this in our own way.

But ever since that small kiss, my mind has gotten a little foggy. I keep replaying it again and again in my mind and want to remember how it felt, but it was so fast and got over so quickly that I don't know what to make of it. And the most embarrassing part was that I moved my lips.

I can be sure of it that I kissed him even after knowing it was not Veer's cheek. As that comes to my head, I take a big bite of ice cream and get a brain freeze. Maybe instead of taking cold showers, I need a brain freeze to stop my thoughts.