25. A New Friend.

***Mayra's POV.***

"Shaurya." I say.

"What?" He snaps and I tear up and he sighs, "I am sorry."

"No, you shouldn't be. I should not have acted like a hero and should have let you handle it. But I was so tired of being scared. I am sorry." I say and take his hand in mine.

Ever since the police had left a few hours ago, Shaurya couldn't go back to sleep. He has been prancing around and seething in anger. Anybody would after hearing what we heard from those kidnappers.

"No, Mayra. One vow in marriage was that I won't interfere in your fights until you need me. I am very proud that I have such a powerful wife. Yet, I am furious right now, because that doesn't give me the right to snap on you. Damn, that's it. This settles it. I am putting a restraining order against all of them." Shaurya says and picks up his phone.

"But they are his grandparents, Shaurya." I say.

"And they have visiting rights. Still, they pulled this stunt. Did they really think that law would allow this? What if those kidnappers have changed their mind and had done something with Veer? What if they have drugged him to kidnap him? What would Veer might have been going through if you hadn't brought him to our room last night? My head is hurting with all these thoughts, Mayra. It scares the shit out of me if something were to happen to you or Veer." Shaurya says and runs his hand through his hairs again and again.

"Calm down, Shaurya. Sit with me. Come." I say and he does so and takes a few deep breaths.

"We left the town, and this happened. I thought I was keeping you both happy and safe here, but instead I made us isolated from others and this gave them an opportunity to attack." He says and I rub his back.

"Please, calm down. Veer would wake up soon and we don't want him to feel any tension, do we?" I ask and he shakes his head in no and hugs me.

I hug him back for a few seconds and he says, "You smell good. You also look good in my shirts."

"Are you blushing, Shaurya?" I ask teasingly, and he chuckles. Finally, he relaxed.

"No." He says and comes out of my arms. "How is your wound?"

"I am fine. The stitches would be removed in two or three days." I say.

"You should get some sleep." He says as he caresses the side of my head.

"You should too." I say as I feel the distance between us getting little.

"I will." He says, and our lips almost touch when we hear Veer's voice on the baby monitor.

"I will keep Veer busy and call Rajjo to ask if she can come today. You take a rest." He says as he helps me up and follows me upstairs.

"But what about you?" I ask.

"I will sleep when Veer takes a nap. I promise." He says as we get in the room.

"Good morning, Veer." I say as he sits up on the bed with a sweet smile on his face.

"Good morning, Mumma." He says and I give him a big kiss on the cheek.

"Your speech is getting better." Shaurya says.

Veer goes with Shaurya after I lay down on the bed to get some sleep. After the police left with kidnappers, Shaurya had to go to the police station to file a F.I.R. Anu stayed with me along with an old couple who are our neighbor while Kush accompanied Shaurya.

I dry my hair as I come down in the afternoon to have lunch. Veer and Shaurya are sleeping right now. Rajjo has gone home, as we have no more work left. After having lunch and taking medicine, I went to Veer's room. Shaurya told me that she cleaned it up and also that the intruders came in from the third room.