21. Serious Condition.

***Mayra's POV.***

"Now, after the chokha is done, add coriander." The instructor says and I note it down.

"That chokha looks dangerous, Veer. I have to stand at least five feet away to do that, otherwise if one drop of oil splashes on me, I would lose my grip." I say as I chew on the pen's lid and hear not one, but two giggles.

I look up and glare at Rajjo, then at my son, who falls on his back as he laughs at my expression.

"You are getting way too naughty nowadays, Veer. Stop right there. I will teach you a lesson." I say and try to chase him as he runs away, all the while giggling.

I finally catch him and tickle his tummy and give him lots of kisses on his chubby cheeks, which I just want to eat sometime. He tries to poke in my belly too to make me laugh and I do, but at his effort.

"Bhabhi Ji, lunch is ready." Rajjo says.

"Thanks, Rajjo Ji." I say.

"Ta, Ji." Veer says.

"Good boy, Veer." I say and kiss his cheek again.

"Thank you, Veer baba." She says.

"Arey! Rajjo, did you prepare the list?" I ask.

"Ji, Bhabhi Ji." She says.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Mayra, Rajjo? Fine, give it to me. I will text Shaurya. He will bring it from the market while coming home." I say and take out my phone as Veer gets out of my arm and goes to play with his train.

"Here. By the way, Bhabhi Ji, if you want I can teach you to make easy dishes which won't be that much dangerous." Rajjo says while trying to hide her smile.

"Was that that funny?" I ask and shake my head and say, "That is not a bad idea. These shows are wonderful but I need someone doing it in front of me practically. Shaurya is such an excellent cook, but I can't always depend on him to cook. I have to learn. And there are no challenges in this world that Mayra can't win." I say.

"That's the attitude we need, Bhabhi Ji. So tonight I will teach you how to make a simple sabzi." She says.

"Which would not include onion cutting. Anything but that, please." I say and she giggles.

"Okay, Bhabhi Ji. But Punjabi food is nothing without it." She says and I nod.

Rajjo is our only maid who works on weekdays. For weekends we have another maid, her sister, Nimi. She only does cleaning. Rajjo does cooking and cleaning only. I do laundry and utensils so I can pass my time.

Then I play with Veer and work on painting something. Shaurya arranged everything for me in the first week only so when he goes to work I won't have any inconvenience. Sometimes I really sit in front of God and say a prayer of gratitude that I got a husband like Shaurya.

He is so sweet that it hurts my heart. Literally. It has been a week since we have been here. And every once in a while, when Shaurya does something for me or anyone else, I get this weird pain in my heart. At first I thought it was an early sign of something serious, but then Anu made me understand what I was feeling.

"Dumbo, you have little time left." She said when she called me yesterday.

"What?" I asked.

"You are going through a very serious condition." She further added.

"What is this but? Tell me the solution? Which medicine should I take? Or do I need an operation?" I asked.

"Oh, my gosh! I never knew my friend was so dumb." Anu said and laughed.