9. Cute Little Server.

***Mayra's POV.***

I put my bag down in Arya's room and feel a little nervous. Even though I have been here many times and soon, I will live in this house, still I feel a little odd. The last time I had stayed over, Arya was here, but this time it feels different.

I go down as the Mehndi artist is here and I have to give her a design idea which I had. It would look good on Arya and my hands. As I go down, I hear voices coming out of Reyansh's room. I would have avoided it, but it looks like he is arguing with someone on the phone.

I peek into his room when he says, "I don't care, Jagvi. You left me. And I think you are forgetting we are divorced now. So don't even think for a second that I will come there. Also, you are already engaged. Ask your fiance to help with your fast. And for goodness' sake, stop calling me, otherwise it would be the third time I am changing my number."

Reyansh hangs up and throws his phone on the bed and runs his hand through his hair in frustration. So his ex-wife is calling him. I want to help, but Reyansh and I have talked very little. He is the only person with whom my interactions start and end with Hi and Bye. That's it. Nothing in the middle.

As I turn to leave, he notices me and looks surprised, so I say, "I am sorry. I didn't mean to hear that at all. You were arguing as I was passing by."

"I am sorry you have to hear all that. It was Jagvi." He says and gestures for me to take a seat as he himself sits on the bed.

"Does she want you back?" I ask.

He looks up and I see a struggle in him. "Yes."

"Then why are you running away? Shouldn't you try to give it another go? If you love each other." I say.

"I learned very hard way that love is not everything in life. I loved her. Jagvi. And I know she loves me. But the stuff she has said and the way she has hurt me, I could not forget that. I know I should remember the love but how can I forget the love I got from my family? I tried everything to convince her. But she gave up on us before even letting me try. So I don't think our relationship deserves a second chance. Not because of my ego, but because of the cracks, which this relationship has. I don't think either of us can handle it anymore. So it is better to part ways on a better note rather than what happened with Bhai-"

"That's okay. I am sorry if you thought I asked the wrong question. If you really think there is not a percent of a chance that she can be part of your life again, then it is your decision. But if you think-" I say, but he interrupts me.

"It doesn't. Jagvi hates being around my family. She hated being around Arya, my sister. Her hate was more potent than her love. If I had to choose between her and my family, I would choose my family every time because they didn't judge her. But she did." He says with a bitterness which I never saw before.

I nod and get up and say, "I should go down. Mehndi would start soon. Come down after you have calmed down."

He nods and says, "I am sorry if I hurt you with my behaviour."

"You know, this is the longest conversation we have ever had till now. And most of it had, 'I am sorry'. Let's try some other topic next time, which does not involve it." I say and he nods and finally I see a small smile but his specs hide his eyes, which hold genuine emotions. I hope Reyansh and I will become good friends in the future because I think he needs one.

As I also have to apply to Mehndi before the wedding too, so right now mine would be simple. Arya, on the other hand, enjoys the attention of her husband and brothers. They do as she says and bring her water and food, whatever she wants.

Shaurya is busy on the phone when I see Veer standing up with the help of his father's leg, then walks towards me. He sits down on the ground after losing his balance. I love to see him walk a lot. He crawls to the other side. I pout, as I thought he might come to me. I look at the girl beside me who tells me it is done, and I look at my mehndi, which is simple yet beautiful.

"Mumma." Veer says and I turn to see his sweet face looking up at me as he rests his head on my lap.

"Aww! Veer, I thought you weren't coming." I say and kiss his head.

"Mumma." He says and looks down.

I look down at what he is pointing at and see a small water bottle, which he rolled towards me. "Do you want some water, dear?" I ask.

He points towards me and says, "No, Mumma."

"Is it for me?" I ask, and when he nods, I kiss his chubby cheeks.

He turns and leaves. I look after him and see him trying to get his hands on a cutlet and come back again with it to me, "Mumma."

"Oh, my goodness. We were not ignoring your Mumma, Veer. Here you are, bhabhi." Parth says as he comes with my coffee and puts a straw in it.

"Thank you." I say, but Veer shakes his head.

"My." He says and points at the water bottle then glares at Parth.

"Sorry, I will not serve your Mumma again. She is your territory." Parth says with hands up, "Bhabhi, do I tell Bhai to feed you? Maybe then Veer won't mind someone serving you."

He winks and leaves while I shake my head and drink some water after my son continuously pats my lap many times to do it. After I drink some water, I take some sips of coffee and also eat a cutlet which he feeds me. I ask Veer if he likes my mehndi. He makes a cute, disgusted face after he gets a whiff of it and runs away from me the very next second.

Shaurya picks him up and says, "Don't you like the smell of mehndi, Veer? Great, you are just like your father then."

"Too bad. I love mehndi." I say with a smile.

Though Veer kept his distance from my hands. He still came to sleep with me. Shaurya told me if, in case he wakes up, I should just call for him. I assure him everything will be fine. But then I wake up at two in the morning with Veer shaking me awake.

"What happened, Veer?" I ask and take him in my arms.

"Boo. Mum-mum." He says and pats his stomach. I understand what he wants.

Shaurya warned me that nowadays, Veer often wakes up hungry after midnight. He had his dinner, but he would then want a little snack late at night. I removed mehndi before going to sleep, so I picked him up and went out. When I reach the kitchen, I hear someone is already in there. Must be Aunty Ji, but when I enter, I am surprised, but not that much, to see Shaurya instead.

"Veer woke you up, didn't he?" Shaurya says when he sees us.

"That's okay. I was going to wake up around four, anyway. So it is fine. And the main point is Veer woke me up rather than going on his own, otherwise I would have been more worried." I say while Veer tries to peek over Shaurya's shoulder to see what he was making.

"Well, Veer has learned it himself not to go anywhere by himself. I don't know how. But he always wakes me up either by crying or slapping my face. I hope he didn't do that to you." He says and I chuckle.

"No, he just shook me a little. And as I am a light sleeper, I woke up immediately." I say and he nods.

"I will see him. Why don't you catch some more sleep?" Shaurya asks.

"But I could look after him." I say.

"No, Mayra. You have fast. You should take two more hours of rest because then you have to wake up again to eat sargi and after that you would not eat or drink anything nor will you get to sleep. So just ‌get some rest while you can. Veer understands that his mother needs a day off tomorrow. Right, Veer?" He asks Veer who nods along but is busy trying to reach the pudding.

"Feed him before he dives for it. Good night." I say.

"Good night." He says.

I kiss my cute little server who helped me a lot today then go to bed.