13. First Tantrum For Mum.

***Mayra's POV.***

"You look beautiful. I told you this colour would make you shine." Ramya says as she looks at me with approval.

"Lilac is your colour, Mayra." Arya says.

"Damn, you look hot." Anu says.

"Okay, girls. I get it. ‌I look good. So I won't get conscious about it anymore." I say to assure them and then look at the full-length mirror to see myself.

At first I refused to wear lilac as I thought it would look dull on me, but Ramya forced me to try it and everyone liked it, so we bought it. The simple silk lehenga with mirror work on dupatta's border. The blouse is a full sleeve with a deep v- neck which makes me a little conscious, but it is in fashion right now. My hair kept open but Anu straightened it, and Arya made me wear jewellery which goes well with it.

We got so busy with the shopping that I rarely got the chance to meet Shaurya. I didn't even get the chance to introduce Ramya to everyone. Aunty Ji and Dadi Ji met her and so did Veer, but she has yet to meet anyone else. But today she will and also I will meet Shaurya again.

It has been four days since I last saw him as he had to go to Chandigarh for some work. Veer stayed with me for that time. We talked on the phone often so Shaurya could stay updated about Veer and I could talk to him.

"Veer is ready too." Vedant Bhai says as he enters with Veer, who is wearing a lilac suit.

"Pwetty." He says, pointing at me.

"No, you are pretty today." I say and kiss his cheek.

"Your lipstick, Mayra. I know you love your son, but please refrain yourself from kissing him today. Look at his cheeks." Anu says.

"My lipstick is just fine." I say, and she rolls her eyes and gives me the tissue for Veer.

We go down to see everyone present in the living room. Including our families, there are Anu and Kush and their family. Then there are Ramya and Ruha Aunty and also Saira's parents and her little sister. And also few close relatives and friends.

My eyes search for Shaurya, whom I find with Dadu, and he looks handsome in off-white sherwani with a lilac vest. And as soon as our eyes meet, he smiles up at me. Aunty Ji makes me sit in the love seat and Shaurya sits beside me.

She lays a red dupatta over my head and makes me wear a pair of gold bangles each in both hands. Then we exchange rings. Shaurya said that he ‌chose this ring personally for me as he wanted something that won't be a bother when I am clicking pictures or dancing.

The platinum ring has a small oval shaped light green emerald stone matching my eyes with tiny diamonds surrounding it. It is light and looks pretty on my finger. I make him wear a simple platinum band, but with a small touch. I asked the jeweller for my and Veer's name to be printed on the inside.

'Nice touch.' He texted me later that night.

'Looks like you finally got the time to check.' I text back.

'I just got it off my finger.' He texts.

Tonight was exceptional, but tomorrow is going to be very busy. Tomorrow, not only I have a mehendi ceremony but also sangeet and other rituals. And the day after tomorrow would be jam-packed too, as I would have Haldi, chuda, and many more ceremonies before the wedding ceremony.

Mom tried to cram everything that way so that we could shop and do fitting in these four days. Thank goodness Dadi and Ruha Ji had a good connection, which helped us a lot. Because who would come to save a bride at the last minute to help her with her fitting, her beauty treatment, hair, etc?