33. Lucky Omen.

***Shaurya's POV.***

"What the hell! How dare you?" Dhruv says and punches me back.

"Stop it, you guys. Shaurya, we don't have time for this. Fight it out later. We have to leave for the hospital right now. Get in the car." Mayra shouts out strictly.

"Later, I will beat you to pulp." Dhruv warns me and goes to Simi. "Let me drive."

"My wife is an excellent driver. Sit in the back." I say and when he goes to protest, "No arguments. Just sit. Idiot."

I sit in the back and leave the door open for him. He gets in the next second and sulks beside me. But I will see him later. Right now, I have to keep a watch on Simi.

"Here." I say as I put Veer's pillow behind her back, "This will make you feel a little comfortable."

"Thanks, Shaurya." She says.

"Can't you drive any faster?" Dhruv says impatiently.

"Don't talk to my wife like that." I say and glare at him, which he ignores.

"What is more important?" She asks.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, my wife and child." He says.

"Then don't distract me. Let me drive. Right now, it is important to drive safely rather than harshly in this snow." Mayra says calmly.

Dhruv focuses on Simi when she groans out in pain. Mayra goes at a smooth pace so she doesn't feel any bumps on the road. As soon as we reach the hospital, we all jump out of the car, except for Simi, of course. Mayra goes to the counter for the forms while I go to bring a stretcher. Dhruv and I helped her up the stairs and others helped us put her on it.

"You brought her at the right time. It is time. Nurse, take her to the labor room." The doctor says.

As they take Simi towards the labor room, Dhruv looks confused. Whether to go to the counter for the form or accompany her wife, which Mayra and I solve.

"Just sign here and go. We'll see everything else." Mayra says.

"But the fees-" Dhruv says.

"What is more important? Simi or forms? So just sign and go, you idiot." I say, after shaking some sense into him.

"Okay. I understand. Stop calling me an idiot, you duffer." He says and signs everywhere the nurse points out.

"Now go." I say and stand with my wife to see what formalities are to be made.

I feel Dhruv's eyes on me for a second, but then I hear his fading footsteps. We fill up the information and I pay the fees for everything. We rush to the ward too and sit outside as we wait for good news.

Mayra puts her head on my shoulder and I look at my watch to see just ten minutes left for the new year.

"I am sorry." I say.

"For what?" She asks me, confused.

"For not giving you a perfect new year's night." I say.

"What rubbish! This night was the most thrilling. I danced, met Priya, danced with you again, and then Veer. And now we are here, waiting for your friend's first child to be born. And do you know what would be more thrilling?" Mayra asks me.

"What?" I ask as I look at her smile.

"If you and Dhruv clear all the misunderstanding you have between each other." She says.