19. Change Of Plans.

***Mayra's POV.***

"How do I look?" I ask Veer as I swirl in my cream color anarkali with braided hair.

"Pwetty." Veer says and gives me flying kisses.

"Aw! Thank you." I say and kiss his cheek, "But your Dadda is late. Why so?"

"Call. Call." Veer says.

"That's not a bad idea." I say and call him. The ring goes on, but he doesn't pick up and I feel a little uneasy. I called him again, but he was still not picking up. "Maybe he is busy. We can wait for a little while, right Veer? Let's play till then."

Even though I try my best to distract myself, my thoughts go back to Shaurya and I feel this weird sense that something is wrong. However much Shaurya is busy, he always calls back. But it has been an hour, and he has yet to call or text me.

"Mayra, why didn't you have dinner yet?" Mom asks me as I come down with Veer to feed him.

"I was going on a date with Shaurya. But he has yet to come." I say, "Has Dad come home?"

"No. But... there he is. Daksh, where is Shaurya?" Mom asks as soon as Dad and Reyansh enter the house.

"Shaurya isn't home yet? But he left an hour ago. He said he promised to take Mayra out." Dad says, and I get more worried.

"I called him twice an hour ago, but he didn't pick up." I say.

"Don't worry, Mayra. Let me try." Dad says and takes out his phone to call.

Veer hugs my legs tightly, as if he can sense the tension in the room. Dad calls him twice too, but he doesn't pick up his calls either. Now all of us are worried as Shaurya is a very responsible person and he left the company an hour ago.

"I will keep trying till then, Reyansh, you ‌check the route from here to the office." Dad says.

"Okay." Reyansh says and turns to me, "Don't worry, Mayra. I will find Bhai. Call me if he comes home."

I nod, as I don't know what to say. Mom pushes me to sit down, but I just can't. Dada Ji and Dadi Ji come to know about it too and so does Parth, who goes for his search too. I go to the kitchen and take out some khichdi and milk for Veer, as he should eat and go to sleep. I don't want him to feel any more tension.

But what would I do when he would ask for his father in the middle of the night? I put my hand on my head and try to catch my breath.

"Where are you, Shaurya?" I ask myself, and my eyes are welling up with tears.

"Didi Ji?" One maid Suri says and I look up and wipe my tears.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Didi Ji, your phone kept ringing while I was looking for some toy for Veer baba. Here." Suri says and I nod.

"Thank you, Suri." I say.

"Mention not, Didi Ji. Shaurya bhaiya would soon come home. Please don't worry. I will pray for his safe return." Suri says.

"Thank you. Could you just feed Veer for me today?" I ask and she nods and takes the plate from my hand when my phone rings again.

"Anu?" I ask.

"Thank goodness you finally picked my call. Do you know how many times I have called you?" She says and sounds breathless.

"What happened, Anu?" I ask.

"Shaurya is here in the hospital." She says.

"What? Is he okay? And what is he doing there? I have been trying to call him for so long and so is the family. Reyansh had gone out to find‌ him and so had Parth." I say.