45. End Of The Misery.

***Mayra's POV.***

For a minute there I am as still as a statue after knowing what happened in the court. What I expected from Priya and what she did. All this time while I was thinking she was out for revenge against my husband, she was just trying to gather the courage to fight her own battle.

'This court case is all about what I want.'

Her words come back to me and I realize now what she actually meant.

"The court has come to conclusion on the basis of Ms. Priya's confession that Mr. Veer Malhotra's custody should be given to his parents only. As a child is small and very much dependent and happy with them, nothing shall change." The judge announces not a minute later after she left.

As soon as the judge gets up to leave, I see her parents rushing out.

"What an idiot she is!" Shaurya says and turns to me, "We have to save her."

"Okay." I say and we get up to go to her.

Simi and Dhruv joined us too. But by the time we reach there, we see her father raising his hand to slap her again but someone stops him.

"Dad." Shaurya says and goes towards him.

"Don't you dare, Kavan. I stayed silent till now but don't take my silence as my weakness." Dad says.

"Stay out of this, Daksh. This is my daughter I am dealing with." Priya's father says.

"She is not your daughter anymore. She never was. Priya is an adult and you have no right over her, nor can you abuse her. If you don't want to spend a night in jail then leave from here." Dad says.

"You better leave. Because when my husband gets serious, I can't stop him. And don't forget he used to play tabla, so definitely he has stronger hands than you." Mom warns them.

"Kavan, stop it. She is our only child. Our daughter." Her Mom says.

"She is our only child because you never gave me another. If only I had ditched you and married another." He says and aunty gasps.

"How could you say this Kavan? After all these years of my life, I gave you, supported you, tolerated your anger, this... this is what I get in the end. Maybe I deserve it for not supporting my daughter. I kept my silence because this is how I was raised but I made sure my daughter raised under your roof could have everything that I didn't get. Better education, better life only to know today that I did nothing but made myself fool to think that. But enough. If you touch her one more time then-" She says.

"Then you will do what? You are not even educated enough to start anew like your daughter." He says.

"So what? I am smart enough to secure my future." She says with a rage that is surpassing his.

"What do you mean by that?" He asks with a frown.

"That you don't have to know about. I am sending Priya to New York where she always wanted to go for her dreams while you will do nothing but mind your own business otherwise I will file a complaint against you because I have been witness to many of your crimes." She says.

"How dare you-" He goes to say.

"Leave." She says.

"Fine. Don't bother coming home." He says.

"I wouldn't after I take my stuff." She says.

He stomps off in anger while aunty stands there in determination.

"Why did you do that?" Priya asks in shock.

"I just wanted to be a mother once, more than a wife. And it felt good." She says with a teary smile.