37. Parent's Intuitions.

***Mayra's POV.***

I open my eyes and sit up on the bed. Shaurya is sleeping soundly and looks like he came late to bed. I got out of bed silently so as not to disturb him. As I was going towards Veer's room, I stopped when his toy fell from my hand and it took me a minute to realize why I had it in my hand.

I gasp and literally sit down there looking at Mushu. Veer is not in his room and I am here. What must he be doing there? Is he okay? The thoughts invade my mind again, and I almost turn into a crying mess again.

"No." I say to myself and get up, "Crying won't solve anything. I have to be strong. Shaurya is trying everything to bring Veer back home and win his custody again. What am I doing? For Shaurya, I have to be strong so he would have one less thing to worry about. And he said Veer would be back home tomorrow. So nothing to worry about. Right?"

I shake my head and go back to my room. Shaurya was just waking up and when he sees me, he sits up and says, "What happened?"

"Nothing." I say.

He gets up from bed and takes my hand in his and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." I say.

"Why don't we go out today?" He asks.

"What?" I ask with a frown.

"By out I don't mean to go somewhere for fun. Just to distract you for today. And also our family would feel relieved. They have been worried about us." He says as he caresses my hair.

I think for a second then say, "We shouldn't, Shaurya."

"Why?" He asks.

"Because it can be taken the wrong way. Any move right now and Priya would use it against us. If we go out now they will prove to the court we are having fun without Veer." I say and he nods.

"That's true." He says.

"But hey, why don't we have dinner together in the room tonight and make plans for Veer's first trip outside the country." I say with a smile.

"I would like that." He says and smiles.

After we got ready for the day, I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for everyone which can help me distract from my thoughts which are trying to break me every second. I heat up some turmeric milk and pour it into a glass for Simi. But just as I am about to turn and put it in the tray, I hear Veer's voice and the glass slips from my hand.

I look around but I don't see him anywhere. Obviously he is not here and now I am starting to get delusional. But for a second there I felt like Veer was in distress and he was literally calling out for me. But what if he is actually in distress?

"What happened?" Mom asks as soon as she enters the kitchen.

"Nothing, Mom. The glass was hot and I forgot about it. So it just slipped from my grip." I lied.

"Are you okay? You did not get burnt or hurt, did you?" She asks worriedly.

"No, I am fine. Just stay there. There are pieces of glass everywhere." I say.

The maid sweeps the floor and I take out another glass to pour milk when an idea pops in my mind. I take the tray and tell Mom that I'll be back soon. She insisted that I send a maid but I told her I want to see the baby girl. I knock on their door and Dhruv opens it.

"I hope I didn't disturb you both." I say.

"No, Mayra. But what are you doing here?" He asks me as he opens the door wider and takes the tray from me.