12. BB, NN, & SS...

***Mayra's POV.***

What did I do?

I have been asking myself this question ever since I kissed Shaurya's cheek. Since we left their home, I have been trying to suppress my feelings until I reached the sanctuary of my home, my room. I look at the mirror and see my cheeks as red as ruby stone and hide it again in the pillow.

I should have thought of something else as a gift, but I had to kiss him on the cheek. There was no other gift that came to mind. And he was so sweet. How can I resist? If Parth had not intervened, I would have let him kiss me. But then I realised it was too soon.

"But it was the right time to kiss if not on lips then on cheek, right?" I ask myself as I bury my face more in the pillow, "But how would I face him again without thinking about it?"

Next morning as we all have breakfast, Mom says, "Ruha Ji would make all the arrangements here. But we still have to buy many things related to the wedding on our own. Also, we have to buy Mayra' wedding lehenga and the matching jewelleries. And some sarees and their matching jewelleries, too."

"Okay." I say.

"Did you inform your friends about this? And what about Ramya and Saira?" Dadi asks.

"I will tell them personally at dinner tonight. And I talked to Ramya, she said she will try to make it as her internship is almost over. But Saira won't be able to come as her exams are near." I say.

"It means I have to handle a baby." Dadi mumbles.

"If Ramya had come earlier, it would have been good and bad." Arya says.

"How?" I ask.

"She has a great fashion sense, but then I have to try fifty dresses from which she would approve of only five." She says and I chuckle.

"It means you also fell prey to her shopping spree." I say.

"Yes." Arya agrees.

"Shame! Shame! Shame! You talk like this behind my back. I did not expect this from you both, BB and SS." We hear a sweet voice and turn around to see Ramya.

Her long brown hair tied in a high ponytail and her grey eyes looking cute with anger. She looks cute in a pink turtleneck sweater. She puts her hand on her waist and huffs.

"Ramya, my little lamb." Dadu says and gets up to hug her.

"No, Pops. No hugs and kisses for you this time." Ramya says as she shows her hand to stop Dadu.

"But why? What did I do, GG?" Dadu asks.

"You didn't defend me. So I banned you from getting a surprise gift from me." She says and turns away.

"Mayra, what is this SS and DD and GG?" Arya asks me.

"I don't know." I say, "Ramya and her weird acronyms are out of this world."

"Look, they are still insulting me. For your kind information, SS means sweet sister, which you are not. DD means defender Dadu, which he is not. And GG means gorgeous granddaughter, which I definitely am." She says and I giggle and she gets irritated, "DD!"

"Yes?" Dadu asks.

"Not you. That DD." She says, pointing at Dadi.

"What's the full form of that? 'Devil Dadi'?" Dadu asks and Dadi glares at him.

"No, darling Dadi." She says and hugs her from behind. "Save me."

"Arya! Mayra! Apologise." Dadi says and we look at her in surprise.