10. Karva Chauth's Gift.

***Mayra's POV.***

"Eat some more, Mayra. You could eat nothing till the moon comes up tonight. And I tell you, the moon is always late on Karva Chauth's day." Mom says and serves me more vermicelli kheer.

"That much is okay, Aunty Ji." I say and already feel very full.

"Mayra, right now you would be feeling that it is too much, but after two hours, you will get hungry again. It is okay if you can't eat that. Eat some fruits or drink some juice." She says and I nod as she is right. She knows more.

"Do you want water?" Shaurya asks when I cough a little.

"No, I am fine." I say and drink some juice instead.

"Shaurya, you should have slept. Why are you up? Also Reyansh, Parth, what are you both doing up so early too?" Aunty Ji asks.

"Well, Mom, you should know that I love sargi. That is why I always accompany you." Parth says with a mouthful of kheer.

"Me too." Reyansh says and stuff more aloo paratha in his mouth.

"Me three." Shaurya says and eats some halwa.

"Thank goodness we make enough to feed you all. Also, eat slowly. There is no rush for you at all. If someone would see, they would think you all are keeping fast instead of us." Dadi Ji says and rubs Parth's back when he coughs a little.

I smile and get back to my sargi. I eat so much that I feel that my stomach is going to burst open and Shaurya would be the reason for it as he asks me every two minutes to drink some water. Later on, I realised why.

"If I had known that thirst feels like this, I would have drunk more water." I say, as I feel parched.

"Six more hours and then you can drink a full tank of water." Shaurya says without looking up from his laptop.

"Easy for you to say. I am the one who is keeping the fast, not you. You don't know what I am feeling right now." I say, and he looks away. Maybe I was a little rude, "I am sorry. But distract me, Shaurya. Otherwise I would break down. I can resist eating food, but water is a habit for me. I drink water every 15 minutes. Do something. Also, I am getting bored."

"What do you want me to do?" Shaurya asks.

"Play something for me." I say.

"Mayra! You are taking advantage of this situation." He says.

"I don't care about that at all. I am getting crazy over here. Just play something. I promise I won't tell anyone. Also, I will tell you my music preference." I say with a pout.

"Really?" He asks, finally looking up from his laptop with a grin.

"I am weak enough right now to tell you my deepest, darkest secret." I say.

"Fine. I will get it. You stay just right here. As everyone is out in the garden looking after the arrangement, they would not hear us." He says and gets up to leave.

Yes. I could finally know what Shaurya can play. I kiss Veer's forehead as he gives him his toy to play with him. It is just afternoon and everybody is out doing some work. Aunty Ji and Dadi Ji are looking after the arrangement and making sure they are good. Dada Ji and Uncle Ji are also helping them while Reyansh and Parth are at the office.

"Veer, where am I?" I ask, hiding my face behind the dupatta and he babbles and snatches my dupatta, "Here I am."

He giggles. I love his laughter and it distracts me so much that I end up playing peek-a-boo with him. Shaurya is taking his time, so I play this with Veer. I drape the dupatta over my face and lie on the bed as I feel a little dizzy with all that laughter.