45

Did he just hang out on this road or something? Maybe the flat he'd moved into after ageing out of the care system was somewhere down here. At least he was on his own this time, but that didn't make me feel any better really considering he could easily beat me up one on one as well.

"You little shit. I wondered when I would see you again," Henry said. So, this was all just some horrible coincidence that we would be here at the same time? I mean I knew I would probably end up seeing him again at some point, but I had hoped I wouldn't have been alone. If only Roman were here. What was going to happen now? "Your little faggot boyfriend broke my nose. You're gonna fucking pay for that."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I was fucked. Roman wasn't here to protect me and fuck knows I can't protect myself. Henry would kill me if I stayed here. I turned to take a step with every intention of running but suddenly I was grabbed by my collar and pushed into the wall beside us.

"Let go of me," I demanded desperate enough to beg. I should have known he wouldn't have done as I'd asked.

"Let go of you?" he teased. "Well sure, once I'm done with you."

"Please. Please, I didn't do anything."

"You didn't need to," he seethed beside my head. "Your faggot did enough," he said making me all the more angry at my boyfriend being called such a nasty word. But what could I do when Henry pulled my head back only to push my head harshly into the wall, harsh enough that I almost saw stars and I knew I would be left with a bump?

"Roman!" I called hoping he hadn't gotten too far ahead that he might somehow have heard me. But Henry just laughed in my face when a few seconds passed, and he hadn't shown up.

I was so fucked.

"Looks like you haven't got anyone to protect you now, bitch," Henry said.

"He'll kill you," I warned hoping my lack of confidence in that sentence wasn't palpable. I had no idea what Roman was thinking right now and if he decided I had betrayed him somehow then maybe he would think I deserved this and would do nothing about it. It's not like I could tell Dahlia. She might act strong but against Henry she would still lose. Maybe Charlie would have my back but if I died before then, then none of that really matters.

Henry just laughed until he forcefully smashed my head against the wall again. I could already feel how my eyes watered at the pain as my head throbbed. If I didn't die, then I was going to going to get brain damage or something and I couldn't figure out what would be worse.

And then suddenly Henry presence wasn't on my body anymore and when I turned around Roman was there with Henry on the ground. Roman looked so angry and I had never seen Henry more scared.

"Didn't I tell you to fucking stay away from him?" Roman asked in a deathly tone.

"C'mon mate, it was just a joke you know. It was just-"

Before Henry could finish his sentence, Roman had kicked him in the stomach and made him hunch over in pain as he curled up into a ball. It reminded me vaguely of exactly what I had done before Christmas when Henry and his friends had beaten me up. And as Roman continued to kick uttering phrases along the line of 'stay the fuck away', I almost didn't feel the need to stop him. I wanted Henry to feel what he had always put me through. But I didn't want Roman to get into trouble either. I didn't want to let him hurt Henry to the point that Henry might actually consider pressing charges or something.

"R...Roman," I called my voice hoarse. I could feel how dry my throat was and how wet my cheeks were now. I didn't realise I had been that scared. "Roman. Stop."